Monday, May 16, 2011

I'm tired

Had an average night on the couch. Ellie and Rob were the first ones up but Nick slept in. We had breakfast and I got the kids their clothes. I got Ellie's snack ready for school and I asked Rob to bring up the laundry baskets so I could fold and sort. Ellie walked to the bus with Nick and Rob. While I was doing laundry mania, Rob took Nick to school.
Believe it or not, this is Nick's last week of school until the Fall. He will graduate on Wednesday and they will have a field day on Thursday. Today they tie-dyed t-shirts to wear on Thursday. It took about 30 minutes to fold and put away all the laundry. I just hung out on the couch this morning until it was time to pick Nick up from school.
We got Nick and then stopped off at Target - we needed creamer and other basic groceries. We came home and Rob and Nick played with the Hot Wheel set, I watched crappy daytime tv and Mom and Dad stopped by for some Nick love. Rob and Nick walked down to pick up Ellie and I started having weird stomach pains. I decided I might try to lay down and sure enough I was soon asleep.
Nick woke me up so I could get ready for pottery - it was our last class. We all went to pottery - Rob and Nick watched hockey practice while Ellie and I glazed the couple of pieces. We couldn't stay for the entire class because we had the hands for Haiti event tonight at the school.
It was quite impressive to see the teamwork involved in this project. The 3rd graders (about 60 of them) collected enough wash clothes, soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, band-aids and neosporin to assemble 1,000 health packs. We assembled the packs and Ellie was thrilled that the mayor was at the event and we got to hear from the lady who started the Little by Little project.
We left and picked up dinner, came home and ate and then got the kids ready for bed. Currently, I cannot warm up - my feet are freezing and the back of my neck. My incision seems to have scabbed up and isn't oozing anymore. I am not sure if this is a good or bad thing - I guess I will find out on Wednesday. Tomorrow night is the assembly where Rob will be presented with the Support Staff of the year award - so proud of him. We are going to get dressed up and go for dinner before the award ceremony. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. If you're still awake, put the heating pad under your feet, and Kate's shawl around your neck and shoulders. Glad you're getting in naps here and there...sleep heals! So, Ellie's project is the same group as Karen's...small world! 1,000 packs is impressive! I'm so proud of Ellie following through on this so intently. Get some sleep. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete