Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Its Tuesday

I slept pretty well last night. Can't really recall any dreams but it was good, straight sleep. Rob, Nick and Ellie were all down here around 6:30AM - I went upstairs to continue to sleep for a bit. I got up in time to get clothes out for the kids and say goodbye to Ellie. I was also able to catch her before the bus came to give her the nickles she needed for school today.
Nick and I had a laid back morning. It has been a while since we stayed inside and cuddled and watched morning tv. We went over to Mom and Dad's just after 10AM. Rob was doing some running today - dropping stuff at Salvation and getting stuff ready for Michigan and the garage. Nick went right out to play with Tony and Dad in the back yard. We got ready to go - everyone was coming with to drop me at Kellogg and then we were doing some stuff together after.
My 11AM appointment was very late today - the guy before me had his entire family with him and I guess he is involved in a trial for something. I had an anti-climactic visit. Dr. Marsh told me he was happy with the scan. He asked about the reversal. I complained about the neuropathy and told him it bothers me that I can't place the word I am trying to say or that I mean to type toe but it comes out tow. That I have to hold the handrails to get up or down stairs now so I don't fall down, how my left foot tingles all the time and is super sensitive. He told me that most of the neuropathy issues resolve them self over time. I will see him again in late August. My CT scans can now be spread out to every 6 months. I can schedule Plum's departure any time.
Dr. Marsh did do a few tests on my balance and feet issue and then told me he has seen much worse. Doesn't make me feel any better. Both he and Margaret said my incision looked great. They will do a screening on my B-12 level. I can take the acetyl-l-carnitine for the neuropathy but nothing is a "for sure" fix besides time. I explained that Ellie has taken to talking more loudly to me and I told her that I am not deaf I just simply can't remember. White blood count is still pretty low.
I got out to the car and we went with Mom and Dad for an errand. We then went to Whole Foods to do some shopping and eat lunch. The boys sampled their way through the store. We ate in the cafe - which Nick loves to do. We drove back to Mom and Dad's house. Tony fell asleep in the car and Nick was able to hold his need to pee for about 20 minutes. Mom said I could leave Nick when I went to CW with Ellie - so I did.
I got home and Rob was already at the corner to get Ellie. Ellie grabbed a snack and we were on the road. Gas is 4.15/gallon at Lake Cook and Skokie Rd in Northbrook. We had a nice drive up - Ellie did her homework. Trish met us in the lobby with Ellie's artwork from their last session. There were 2 inkblotz that are truly beautiful and will be framed and hung soon. Trish talked to us about how next week will be their last session before she moves to California. Ellie informed her that they will need to have a little party and that she would bring cupcakes.
Ellie came out and we traveled back to Mom's. It was a nice drive - everything is in bloom and looks so pretty. We picked Nick up from Mom's house and visited for a couple minutes before coming home. Rob had loaded the car - he is going up to Michigan tomorrow to make a drop of things for the season. I started dinner - we were having breakfast for dinner. We ate and got the kiddos into PJs. We watched the Dancing finals - Rob watched the Bulls game. Rob got Nick to bed and we let Ellie stay up until 9 to watch Dancing. It was a good season.
Rob came up at 10PM to watch the last part of the Bulls loss - then he went up to bed. The scan really put my mind at ease. The fact that, aside from some follow up visits, I am doctor free for 3 months! I am totally looking forward to this weekend in Michigan - last summer was a huge blur. My bestie, Julie, and her fiance are coming up and I look forward to lots of laughing. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Could it be you are reaching "normal"? Wouldn't that be wonderful? As much as I've always said to strive for better than normal...normal is looking pretty good right now! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete