Saturday, May 14, 2011

Doesn't feel like May

I was first up this morning and started coffee brewing when Ellie came down. I got to watch the morning news for a bit before Rob and Nick came down. We all had breakfast and got dressed for a much colder day. I took a quick shower and changed out the dressing on former Scarlett which I might just still refer to as Scarlett. I figure I am going to have this gross scar there from now on anyways and for all practical purposes it still is an open, oozing hole. I noticed the color of ooze had slightly changed a bit.
Rob went out to do some work and Mom and Dad picked us up for some rummage sales. We hit St. Norbert's and Northbrook Methodist and we found some things but no huge scores today. Some cute dress up things, a couple games and books and puzzles. We picked up lunch and went back to Mom and Dad's so the kids could play.
I tried Chinese food today (and really my first exposure to vegetables). So far, no major bad things going on. Mom and I both ended up taking naps on the couch watching cooking programs. Dad drove us home around 6PM - it was so cold and rainy out - blah. I was having a bit more pain than normal around the incision when I got home - I peeked under the dressing and there was blood. I feel ok, no fever, my stomach is soft, no icky discharge. I am thinking it is just the healing. I did some reading up on open incisions and the principle is that it heals from the inside out and will push out any potentially infectious stuff as is heals.
Rob got the kids a Hot Wheels set today and I got to tell you there are probably 1,000 pieces to assemble and put decal stickers on. This is not a 5 minute assembly and Nick was not all about the waiting. Nick helped me make dinner while Ellie and Rob worked on assembly. We had dinner and then I helped put decals on while the kids played with other parts of the set. Rob got Nick to sleep and I was with Ellie while she read.
I still have throbbing pain but if it gets worse or starts oozing grossness I will call Dr. Muldoon. What I did read while researching was that the scar left behind after the takedown is gross looking. Usually, it has an indentation where the stomas was. I can already tell you this wasn't the good suturing skill that was used on my September surgery. I know it could be worse but it is bothersome nonetheless. I can't wait until this cold leaves our house - Nick is one giant runny nose, Rob is irritable and coughing, I go between runny nose and sore throat to aches. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment