Wednesday, May 18, 2011

One year of preschool down

I must have drank to much water last night because I was up about 3 times during the night for washroom runs. Usual morning around here. Ellie first to join me, then Rob and then Nick. I got clothes ready and then off to the bus they went. I had a nice outfit for Nick for his graduation but he didn't like the pants I pulled and then her didn't like the shirt. He ended up with fleece pants and a hoodie sweater - he looked nice. He asked for both of us to drive him to school - which we did.
We came home until we needed to go back for graduation. We were able to have a cup of coffee and play on the computer for a bit. We went to graduation and the kids were in black cap and gowns. Each advocate (the high school girls that are paired with the kids) gave an overview of each child and presented them with their diplomas. The kids sang a couple songs and we took pictures. Rob and I had planned on taking Nick out for a nice lunch but Nick wanted a happy meal.
We picked up lunch for Nick and came home. Rob went to work on the cabinet in the garage and Nick and I watched Postcards from Buster on the couch. We had some nice cuddle time before I took a little nap and Rob went upstairs to play with Nick. Mom and Dad came to pick me up to go to my appointment at Glenbrook. Nick and Rob gave our friend, Sue, a ride to her appointment.
I was a tad bit nervous about the appointment today. I wasn't sure how the staples were going to feel when they were being taken out and then I was worried they might not like the crusty, bloody scab and decide to open the incision. Dr. Muldoon is out of town so his nurse Cathy was going to be removing the staples. When she called me back she had another nurse with her and they asked me to sit while they set up the room.
I was called in and the other nurse was explaining the procedure to Cathy - not a good sign, right? The other nurse got this tweezer like tool out and explained how to go at the staples. This apparently was Cathy's first time - I was a test dummy. All in all, yes, the staples did hurt when they were removed but not too bad. The nurse said the incision looked good and they put some solution over it and sealed it with steri strips. I asked about the concave look to it - it pretty much looks like I have a second belly button and I was told that it should heal better looking.
I have the 10# weight limit for another 6 weeks. I will see Dr. Muldoon in another 2 weeks for a follow up appointment. We left and stopped at Dominicks. Walking around didn't feel so good - although the staples were pulling the skin and were bothering me - this was a different sort of pain. We picked up the makings for Mexican night dinner and came home.
Rob and Nick had picked up Ellie from the bus and she had finished her homework. We started dinner prep - make your own tacos or nachos, carrots and parsnips, green beans, cantaloupe and watermelon. We toasted Ellie (musical), Rob (award) and Nick (graduation). We watched the Middle and then Mom and Dad left and we got the kids to sleep.
Rob and I watched the Bulls game and played on the computer. I got the skin from a black bean stuck on my tongue but it is so far back that whenever I try to get it I gag myself. I have tried bread, gargling and drinking - nothing is moving that sucker. My left foot is terrible - it has that brick taped to the bottom feeling again and it just tingles. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment