Sunday, May 15, 2011

Can we change "Sun"day to Rainday?

I thought April showers bring May flowers but what do May showers bring? Everyone slept in this morning. Ellie didn't come down until 7:30AM and Nick and Ron didn't come down until 8:30AM. I made coffee and banana chocolate chip pancakes. We had breakfast and the kids played with the Hot Wheels set while I read the newspaper.
We eventually got dressed for the day - I had just brought the kids summer apparel forward but now we need our winter wear again. This afternoon we went over to Uncle Bill's house to see what we could do to help out. Ellie wanted the pottery she had made Uncle Bill back and she was able to find some little things that will remind her of him. Nick found some tennis balls and his small turtle collection. We took all the band-aids, toothpaste, tooth brushes and wash clothes for Ellie's Hands for Haiti program.
We got to visit with Jim, Steve and Norma for a bit while we were there and a bonus little visit with the GGs. We drove the GGs home and then we went to do some grocery shopping. Although, we totally need groceries at home I was totally not motivated to shop this afternoon. We went over to Mom and Dad's and Ellie helped Mom start dinner. We had quite the spread tonight - roasted potatoes, mango salsa & chips, zucchini and squash, burgers, watermelon, homemade applesauce. This was my first official meal since surgery and I don't think my body really enjoyed it. Well, it did enjoy it while I was eating it but I have been one giant ball of gas since. My incision is really bothering me today - it is pulling and throbbing and I am worried it is infected.
We came home and I got the kids into their baths. We got the kids to sleep - Nick didn't want to go to sleep for Rob so I went up to sit with him. I've been watching tv on the couch and Rob was downstairs watching the Bulls win! I made him a hot toddy when he came up because he has this gross cough.
I am going to try to get in to see Patricia this week - my feet always feel cold now. I need some good vibes going on those feet of mine. Maybe she can locate the 'ick be gone' spot for Scarlett. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment