Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wacky Wednesday II

I went upstairs around 2AM when I heard a noise and thought it was one of the kids crying out but it turned out to have been the creaky bathroom door. Another dark morning but that didn't keep the kids in bed any longer. Nick and I got up and got dressed taking Ellie's clothes downstairs with us. I got the kiddos breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen a bit. I made myself some coffee and checked email. I got Ellie a snack for school and helped her get ready for the cold walk to the bus stop - we needed to pull out mittens and hats again.
I took Nick to school and then I went to Fresh Farms to pick up stuff for dinner tonight. I stopped into Babies R Us afterwards to check out their clearance racks but there was nothing good there. I had about an hour until I needed to get Nick - not a ton of time so I went over to Half Price Books and browsed the shelves. I found a Kentucky and Indiana travel book but didn't really read anything new or different in them. After I left there I stopped into Tuesday Morning - I had a poncho in my cart but then decided against it.
I had about 25 minutes left and I walked through Michaels but once again didn't find anything we needed. I picked up a cup of coffee and went to wait for Nick to get out of school. Nick came out of school with a new flower pot with seeds he planted but didn't know what type they were. He told me about Jelly Bean, the bunny that came to visit at school today. He got to hold it and pet it and showed me how he did both of those things. We drove to the grocery store so Nick could pick out what type of popsicles he wanted for his birthday celebration at school tomorrow.
We came home and I cleaned up while Nick had some quiet time playing with Thomas. I was able to read the newspaper and have some down time too. We walked to get Ellie from the bus - man it is cold out - I heard it described as raw and I think that is an accurate description. We came home and the kids had a snack and got ready for their play date with Catherine and Su'nana (and Christi).
They came over and the big girls went downstairs to play with Barbie and Nick brought up the roller coasters for Su'nana and him. They were entertained for a long time. Ellie and Catherine came up and they rode for a bit. We turned to arts and crafts after the coasters - the girls made Shrinky Dinks and Nick played with play doh. Rob came home and then Mom came over. Christi and Su'nana left and Mom and I got moving on dinner - so much to chose from tonight. We had chicken burgers, hot dogs, asparagus, mashed potatoes, noodles with broccoli and chicken and a huge fruit salad.
Nick began to melt down a bit before dinner but was in full meltdown during dinner. Dad came over and we had a lovely dinner together minus Nick. After dinner the girls and Mom watched the Middle and had dessert while Dad and Nick played with trains. Mom drove Catherine home and I got Nick ready for bed - he was so ready. Rob got Ellie to bed and then we sat on the couch for Wednesday night tv.
My hands are good just so completely dry and chapped. My feet - well they are there and they let me know they are un-happy. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment