Monday, March 14, 2011

Funday Monday

I actually went to bed early last night - around 1AM and had a really decent night of sleep - I must really have needed to get all that venting/ranting off my mind. Nick actually slept in the morning - 13 hours of blissful sleep. I got Ellie some clothes and fixed her some breakfast before she packed up her bag and headed to the bus. I called Mom and we talked a bit - I said we would head to her house after Nick got up and I took a shower.
Nick had breakfast and watched some Fireman Sam while I did laundry and attempted to clean the dining room table. We left for Mom's after I got Nick dressed. Nick had brought some tricks with and was playing with them and with blocks. We eventually went out onto the sun porch and the solar heat felt good. I noticed after my shower this morning that my heals have started to peel and not in the nice one layer at a time way. My feet constantly feel like they are asleep - the pins and needle tinglies - I have read that this can remain for months - I sure hope not. I put my feet up for a bit hoping the sun might shed some healing on them.
Mom and I changed Scarlett out - it is so nice she is back to her old self. It has seriously been months since we didn't have to change out every other day and not build a barrier each time. Miss Scarlett is looking (and feeling) pretty good - almost all the redness is gone! We had lunch and visited in the living room. Nick and I came home in time to pick up Ellie from the bus stop.
Ellie came home and started her homework and I started the over pre-heating so we could make brownies for her class treat tomorrow. Rob came home when I was working on cleaning up the basement a bit. He and Nick did recycling and garbage duty and then went out to the garage. Rob had the electrician come over to discuss the wiring in the garage. Both Nick and Ellie played outside while Rob and Rick were in the garage. It was great to hear the laughter and yelling outside - Spring is coming. We all worked a bit in the basement when they came in - there is sawdust all over everything. Rob worked on getting all the components and boxes re-connected to the tv while I worked on cleaning off the counter top. Ellie was trying to organize her things and Nick would take out whatever I just put away.
Ellie and I left for pottery and while we were gone Rob cleaned off the table for dinner and gave Nick a super-duper bubble bath. Ellie finished her giant cupcake today - looks real cute and I glazed my tile from last week and worked on a plate. There is this one lady who is in the class after ours who does things I wish I could do - she does beautiful florals - awesome. Ellie and I picked up Chinese on the way home and we all had dinner together. Nick was cracking us up during dinner - he was discussing how he wants to be an old man - he looked at Rob and told him he wanted to be just like him. Ellie told us about her day at school and it was just a nice time.
We got the kids ready for bed and off to sleep. I have been spoiled by 2 nights of less than 10 minutes to get Nick to sleep - he made up for it tonight - long process. Rob and I listened to tv as we played on our computers. I cut up and bagged all the brownies for Ellie to take to school tomorrow - one tray was done as done as the other - oh well. Feeling pretty good today. Of course, after I mention my mouth not bothering me yesterday it had to show me it still has potential today. My hands are ok - fingertips are still numb. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment: