Thursday, March 31, 2011

Busy Thursday - kinda

Rob and the kids got up around 7AM but I went back to bed and slept until 8AM. We had breakfast and I did some laundry and sorted one basket before we decided to get dressed. We went down to the pier this morning and went to the children's museum and build-a-bear (the kids got gift cards for their birthdays). We got to the pier just after the museum opened and I have never seen it that crowded. We were able to do the kids favorite exhibits and then we had to take a break and come back to do the rest. Nick loves the water area and Ellie loves the climbing ropes. We went to build-a-bear and Nick chose a puppy and Ellie a pink bear with a ipod speaker in it. Nick got a Hop song inserted that sings I want candy. Nick named his Fluffy puppy (better than Doggie Beef from last year) and Ellie Rocky the Rock Star. We decided to eat lunch and chose the Italian restaurant at the pier. It wasn't bad food - we had to play games with Nick's food to make him eat. After lunch we went back to the museum to visit the exhibits we weren't able to get into during the morning. We departed and tried to find parking at Lincoln park zoo but that didn't happen - we circled a couple times and nothing was available and I wasn't paying for parking. Nick fell asleep during our circling and stayed asleep a bit after we got home. We just sort of hung out this afternoon. Rob started to trim out the basement cabinet - just installing the luan to the back made the piece come together. Ellie played on the computer and Nick played with Thomas. We decided to get ice cream for a late afternoon snack at our favorite place. We were the only people there and the guy behind the counter just kept giving us samples - love it. I have so much ice cream eating to make up for and I am doing a wonderful job at it this spring break. We stopped into Target to pick up Tangled and some milk. We came home and had bath time and then PJs went on. Ellie and Rob watched Wipeout while Nick and I watched Tangled. We first had to look for Tangled because Nick couldn't recall where he put the dvd when we came inside - 20 minutes later we found it tucked in next to the tv. We re-heated some pizza and watched the first half of the movie. Bedtime was a bit longer this evening because of the afternoon nap. Rob is going to opening day at Wrigley tomorrow afternoon and I have appointments for the kids to have their physicals and Nick to get a haircut - we might squeeze Hop into our day too. My hands are still thirsty for moisture and seem to easily get scrapes and cuts. My feet are really not happy with me right now. I think it is time for a new pair of gym shoes. Wondering if it is so bad that I have been able to not take an ativan in exchange for a glass of wine at bedtime? Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment