Sunday, March 6, 2011

Happy 12th Anniversary to us

12 years ago today, on a very snowy day, Rob and I got married. In all regards, in the last 9 months we have had to face so incredibly challenging times but we have plowed through and come out stronger. I am looking forward to year 12 and how perfectly timed with the new normal.
I obviously had some adrenaline issues last night and really didn't calm down until a good 4 hours after my Scarlett leak discovery. Rob went up to bed around 11PM but I didn't go up until about 3AM. Thankfully, when I woke up this morning - Scarlett was not leaking through the wafer so I am hoping between the barrier build up and the wax the leak somehow plugged or repaired itself. I tried to google it last night but I ended up only finding two similar scenarios - one man in London (his doctor told him not to worry about it) and a lady in the US (who ended up with 6 ulcers around her stoma).
We all got dressed for church and were on our way - the roads were much better today. After church we went to the pancake breakfast and got to visit with some friends for a bit while the kids played basketball and then moved onto scooters. We came home and just relaxed for a bit - Ellie worked on mardi gras masks, a project that presented some challenges and took her some time to master. Nick had Rob make 2 cardboard boxes into car garages and then drove numerous cars and trucks in and out. We worked our way into a dance party and we turned up the music and we all danced in the living room together.
Rob and I discussed spring break plans - as much as we would love to go to disney - I really don't feel like air travel until I don't have to provide a id card for Plum. We though about going to St. Louis again (the kids are still talking about the trip from last year) but then we thought of a better idea - Louisville. All the things we can do on our way there and the added bonus of spending some girl time with Julie.
We headed off to Mom and Dad's house for family Sunday. Mom took all food requests and honored them - chicken from Chicken Inn, pierogi for Ellie, corn pudding for Nick, cole slaw and sauteed cabbage, a great fruit salad and home made bread. It was wonderful to celebrate March madness (anniversary, Ellie and Nick's b-days, mardi gras, st. pat's day, st. jospehs day). We had a very nice dinner together and then onto the wonderful desserts - cannoli and chocolate pudding frosted angel food cake.
We stayed a bit later because the kids are off from school tomorrow and got to visit a bit longer. We came home and got the kids in their PJs and they watched an Arthur episode while Rob and I discussed spring break a bit more. We shared our idea with the kids and they are excited. Rob wants to see the Slugger factory and he didn't say it but I know he is happy to do that with his little boy (and girl). We got the kiddos to bed and we've been watching Sunday night tv.
When I took a shower today, I was washing my feet and as I slid the soap over the bottom of my foot a huge piece of skin just came off. I am have to be honest, as disgusting as it is for my skin to be just peeling off - I am oddly fascinated at the same time. I took about 10 minutes after my shower to peel off all the skin that was actively peeling - so far just the ball of my feet and toes. My hands aren't so tingly today but the pain continues and they look gross. My teeth and gums are about the same. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment