Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Totally Tuesday

So, without realizing it I have cleared my 300th post. I fell asleep on the couch last night and went up to bed somewhere around 2AM. It was so dark this morning that Nick slept in. We got up and dressed and brought Ellie down her clothes - she did not sleep in and was up early. We had breakfast and I washed some dishes and got Ellie a snack for school. I found her umbrella in the closet and she was off to the bus. Nick watched Fireman Same and then we were on our way to school.
I dropped Nick off and then went to the library to pay for 'Oh Snow' a book Nick checked out that we sadly could not find anywhere to return. I was able to find exactly 1 book on Kentucky travel and 1 book on midwest travel. I came home and started laundry - I want to be able to pack tomorrow or Thursday and needed clothing washed to do so. Mom picked me up and then we were on our way to pick up Nick. Nick absolutely loves it when Grams picks him up and he runs out and jumps into her arms when he sees her coming - too cute.
We went to Toys R Us because they had a buy one get one free on the Thomas trackmaster trains and we needed to replace the broken Gordon. Nick chose Dash and Bash and Emily and Arthur. We found some good deals on clearance clothes - also buy one get one free. We were going to stop at Wendy's for lunch but Nick told us his tummy was telling him he was hungry for ham - the boy cracks me up. We did a drive thru at Arby's instead to get Nick a ham sandwich. We went back to our house to have lunch. Nick ate his entire sandwich and told us his tummy was hungry for more. We opened his trains and he went to work quickly playing with them all.
Mom and I changed out Scarlett before she left - just a tiny bit red. Mom left and Nick and I had some cuddle time before we needed to pick Ellie up from the bus stop. Even though we took Nick's umbrella with us we got soaking wet on the walk. I had my crocs on - such a big mistake. Note to self - when it is cold and raining out crocs have holes that let all the cold rain in and make feet feel not at all good. When we got home we quickly got Ellie a snack and picked up our cinnamon rolls and we were on our way to Cancer Wellness. I turned the heat up in the car and had my butt heater on - I could not warm up.
Nick fell asleep about 1/2 way there - amazing but also trouble because that immediately turns bedtime back minute for minute that he sleeps. We got to CW and Ellie helped me take stuff in - Nick remained asleep. I read my travel guides and found out a couple more things to do on our trip - we will need to stop in Elizabethtown to take a picture of Ellie by a sign. Nick slept until Ellie woke him up at the end of her session. Hour and 20 minute nap - no good. We drove home in the rain - it isn't even April showers time -this could be a long spring.
We decided we were going to have breakfast for dinner - banana chocolate chip pancakes, strawberries and eggs. While I made dinner Ellie took her bath, Nick set the table, Rob got batteries in Nick's engines. We had a nice dinner - everything tasted so good - I must have been hungry. After dinner I got Nick into a bath and flipped loads of laundry. We let the kids stay up a bit later because Nick had the nap but they started not being very nice to each other around 7:45 so we went up to bed. Flash forward...after about 30 renditions of ABCs and twinkle twinkle, it was about 9:15 before Nick finally fell asleep.
I have been sitting here blogging - I was feeling nostalgic and read a few past blog entries - sobbing to myself. Honestly, I cannot believe we are almost at the 1 year mark - while it seems like just yesterday some days it also feels like a lifetime ago. My feet are still annoyed with my bad footwear choice and have been constantly tingly since we picked up Ellie. My hands are ok today - I wore gloves - they just look old to me. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Over 300 nights of charting your journey...hard to believe, and yet, this seems like it's been part of our lives for a long time. I'd like to think you will continue to share your adventures after your walk on this journey's path reaches it's end...I've come to enjoy your life as an onlooker! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete