Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Most wonderful time of the year

OMG - I am watching Conan and PeeWee Herman is on telling the story of Ash Wednesday - if you want a good laugh watch the clips on teamcoco.com.
It was a sleepy sort of morning but we all got up once the alarm went off. Ellie got her and Nick poptarts for breakfast but Nick wanted more. Ellie got ready for school and was out the door to the bus stop. I got Nick dressed and we were off to preschool, I had a play date to get to. I met Christi for coffee to catch up - we are going to try to make time once a week to do that. Although the time flew by much too quickly we had a delightful visit and I can't wait for it to happen more frequently. I got to school just as school was letting out.
Nick and I went to pick up our lenten favorite - pepper and egg sandwiches. Have to rant for a moment - there really is only one good place to get a pepper and egg in Chicago - it is Jay's Beef on Narragansett. Over the years we have tried many pepper and eggs - Portillos, Buona Beef, West of Edens, Grecian Kitchen, Al's - truly, none have come anywhere close to Jay's. It was a great thing that both of my kids were born in March because it was a pregnancy must. Done ranting. I was going to go to Jay's to pick up lunch but in light of the gas prices, I went to Al's today. Honestly, they have vastly improved their pepper and eggs - while still, nowhere near Jay's it is an acceptable second. I picked up McDonalds for Nick and Tony and then we went to Mom's to eat lunch. We had lunch and then the boys played.
We planted Mom's edible flowers today - the boys did all the work. They enjoyed watching the dirt pellets expand when they placed cup after cup of water in the bowl. They each sprinkled seeds in and then we covered it with dirt and soon they will bloom. We watched Little Mermaid today - we had hoped some wee little boys might cuddle and sleep - no such luck. Nick and I came home and I made some tea while Nick colored. We walked down to the bus stop to pick up Ellie - Nick brought his umbrella with - it wasn't raining.
Ellie did her homework while Nick watched Curious George and I got things ready for Millietime. Rob got home right before we left - Dad was going to come over after work for dinner and to help Rob install our anniversary present from Mom and Dad - apple.tv. We now can stream netflix and more upstairs in the back room -woohoo. We went over to Mom's to pick her up and we all went over to Kate's house for Millies.
We celebrated the kids birthdays, St. Patrick's Day and the end of Cancer! Good conversation, good food and great friends. Tony was funny - he had put a St. Pat's hat on and pulled it down to his shoulders and was walking around feeling with his hands - he looked like the little people in the parades. Nick and Ellie entertained us with piano music and dance. We dropped Mom back at her house and came home. We got the kids to sleep which took a bit of time for Nick to calm down.
I have picked up Ellie's cold - my nose hasn't stopped running today and my sinuses are starting to feel heavy. Hands are still in that hyper sensitive state today. My feet are still cold, although the Uggs are helping. Thrilled about the most wonderful time of the year - pepper and egg season. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment