Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tuesday - that's it

Nick had a not so good night - coughing a bunch and that wakes him up. Rob left this morning and thought he turned off the alarm but it went off at 6:50AM. I wasn't able to keep Nick asleep too much after the alarm. I got the kids their clothes and I took a quick shower. I came down and got the kids breakfast and checked my email. We got Ellie's bag packed for school and her snack packed and she was on her way to the bus. Jules and I texted back and forth for a bit trying to lay down dates for our trip. I called Mom to confirm she was picking us up this morning - she was. Nick and I picked out a toy to take for show and tell at school - it is cartoon character week so he brought his ratatouille toy.
Mom picked us up and then we drove Nick to school. Mom and I did a Target run - I haven't been to Target in almost a month. There was no good clearance - bummer. We stopped into Affy Tapple to pick up some treats for millietime tomorrow night. We had a bit of time left so we went to Constructive Playthings - Mom was able to get some things she needed for St. Patrick's day and some new construction paper. We were early so we got to visit while we waited for school to let out. Mom stopped by our house so I could drop off our milk and pick up something to drink for Nick.
We went to Mom's and had lunch and then Nick wanted to have a movie day - he picked out 101 Dalmatians to start the afternoon out. I can tell he is on the verge of a cold because he was content to sit and just watch movies. After 101 he chose Beauty and Beast - I was able to catch the end before I needed to go pick up Ellie. Mom watched Nick so I could take Ellie up to her session with Trish. I was able to get gas in Lake County for a bit less than it is locally and I was able to do some reading while Ellie and Trish talked.
Ellie and Trish came out at the end and Ellie shared a letter she wrote to me which made me instantly cry. It expressed all the emotions she has felt during my journey. Trish and Ellie also made a family journal - a place where all of us can write down anything we are feeling. We tried to pick up Paczki's at the market on the way home but no such luck. Ellie and I had a nice drive back to Mom's house to pick Nick up.
Nick and Mom were cuddled on the couch - they had an eventful time - making shamrock shakes and playing. We got coats on and headed home. I started making dinner while Ellie did her timeline homework. Nick was sort of in meltdown mode. We had dinner and then got vitamins and got ready for bed. Unfortunately, I give Nick his inhalers right before bed, which speeds up his heart and makes him a bit jumpy - makes for a long bedtime.
After the kids were asleep, I started going through our book of pictures to look for photos to go with Ellie's timeline. Rob and I had some good laughs - Ellie really looked like she might explode during her first 18 months of life. We found pictures of our house when we first bought it before we remodeled it. We found pictures of Rob's 80s clothing collection - fun times. I ended up having to go downstairs to look through the drive on the computer - I think I found a picture for all her events. I got a call from Ellie's friend Catherine accepting our invite to Ellie's party and I got to talk to Christi for a couple minutes - they were going through pictures too. We lamented about the digital age - you can't just go through a box of photos - you have to go through multiple computer folders trying to find what you are looking for.
My hands have been hyper sensitive today - I was able to not wear gloves outside but as soon as my fingers met metal I almost had a burning sensation. I officially have no finger prints now - crime spree? My feet haven't been bad except they don't seem to be able to warm up. My mouth didn't really bother me today - woohoo. I have noticed that more brown spots are cropping up - it is one of the side effects of the 5-fu - they look like age spots but over time (months) will fade away - I wonder if all the new freckles on my face will fade? Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment