Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Not such a great night of sleep last night. I was so tired and fell asleep on the couch and got up to go to bed around 2AM - same time as Nick was coming to find me. We appear to be on the same sleep schedule - scary. We got up this morning and much to my surprise, Ellie was still sleeping. We all got up and got dressed in our green for the day. I got the kids breakfast and checked my email. I switched loads of laundry but my load in the dryer didn't quite dry. Ellie left for the bus stop and then I got Nick ready for school.
I dropped Nick off at school and then I shopped the morning away. I went for my produce run to Farm Fresh, simply amazing how quick a produce run can be when I don't have kids with me. I stopped in to the Touhy Target to check the clearance there - picked up some goodies for Nick's school goody bags next week. I found some other craft clearance and picked up some wipe and write math and writing boards. I left Target and ran into Costco - got my detergent and bagels and found my moisturizer was reduced, so I picked up a pack.
I still had some time left so I ran to Party City to pick up paper goods for the party - unfortunately nothing was on clearance so I found some spring plates that were cute. I picked Nick up from school and we stopped at home to put away our groceries. Nick was very happy to see that I had picked up a couple mangoes and insisted we take one over to Mom's house. We stopped to pick up lunch and then went over to Mom's. The house smelled good, Mom was busy baking cookies.
We changed out Scarlett, such an easy and quick task now that there isn't the need to build a barrier. We ate lunch and then I took the boys outside to enjoy another gorgeous day, a bit windy but so nice to be outside. We scanned the back yard for the keys that have been misplaced since the big snow storm - no luck. I ended up taking the boys down to the park, Mom suggested that I let them take the baby strollers with them to slow them down. We stayed at the park for a bit - the boys really had a good time and played well together. On the way home Tony pulled his Forrest Gump and was about 10 houses ahead of us, running with his baby stroller. I am calling for him, Tony, Tony, Anthony, he doesn't stop. I call Forrest and he turns just briefly to see how close I am before he continues to run.
Nick and I stayed for a bit longer before heading home to get Ellie. Ellie came home and did her homework and then both of the kiddos went downstairs to play. Rob came home and the kids begged him to take them out to play, I told him I needed to close my eyes for a bit. I was able to get about a half hour of sleep in before all the neighbors were in our yard screaming and playing. We headed over to Mom and Dad's around 6PM for our St. Pat dinner.
We had a lovely dinner, sauteed cabbage, pierogies (Ellie's request), fruit salad, pesto tortellini (my request) and corned beef and carrots for the meat eaters. Mom had made Guinness chocolate cupcakes with Bailey's frosting - yummy. We stayed a bit later so Ellie could watch some Wipeout with Mom. We came home and Ellie took a quick shower - she said her shoulder was hurting and Mom told her perhaps the hot water in the shower would help. Nick wanted to take a bath because he said he was stinky, too. We rubbed Ellie's shoulder in with some peppermint cream and then it was bedtime. Nick went to bed jiffy quick and Ellie was in bed but still awake when I went in to say goodnight.
Rob and I watched a new tv show - Pawn Queens, it is a pawn shop in Naperville - kind of funny. My hands are a bit better every passing day but still cracking and very dry. My feet seem to be getting worse every passing day. Rob nicely rubbed them in with peppermint tingly lotion tonight. I am tired and I think i will try to go up to bed soon instead of falling asleep on this ridiculously un-comfortable couch. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment