Friday, March 18, 2011

Party Prep Friday

I think I went up early last night but I really can't recall. Ellie was up early, Nick and I woke up with the alarm. I got dressed, Nick wanted to stay in PJs and we took Ellie down some clothes. Ellie was already eating her cereal when we came down and Nick joined her. Ellie walked to the bus and i watched her from the window. I had some coffee and then set to work finishing cleaning.
Nick was happy to have a veg out day. I worked in the basement and I think I got all visable sawdust vacuumed up, along with a whole bunch of dried play-doh balls. I baked the cupcakes for tomorrow - not as good as Mom's were last night. I was able to read my magazine while I waited for the cupcakes to finish baking. I got the goodie bags ready for the party and I was also able to get Nick's packed for school this week.
Nick and I walked down to pick up Ellie from the bus - the kids tried to talk me into playing outside but I talked them into playing inside - a bit cool this afternoon. Ellie went downstairs to play with her dollhouse and Nick played with play-doh. Rob came home and Ellie and I cruised off to the store to get the remaining things we needed for tomorrow. Ellie is very excited about her cooking party.
When we got home the neighbors were out playing and Ellie begged to go out so Rob went out to watch them while I did food prep for tomorrow. I was able to get most of the veggies washed and cut. I got all of the fruit washed and cut. I got dinner on the stove and called the kids in to wash up. We had dinner and Ellie shared her day with us. We got the kids into a bath to get their stink gone - funny how just an hour of outdoor play (in the cooler weather) will make the kiddos smell like a warm sunny day.
After they got the PJs on we came downstairs - Nick watched Leap Frog Alphabet Circus and Ellie played with her dollhouse some more. We worked out way upstairs to get the kids to sleep - didn't take too long tonight. Rob and I watched Dinner with Schmucks - weird and funny all at the same time. I am currently debating making frosting tonight or just waiting until the morning.
My hands weren't too thrilled cutting up all the refrigerated veggies and fruit this afternoon and started to tingle. My feet have been ok today - I wore my Crocs which have the little bumps on the bottom. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Well look at you...getting right back into being the wonderful overachiever you are! I would have cut up that produce for you...I asked if you needed any help. Well, you're ahead of the game for the kids stuff, let me know if there's anything you'd like help with for the evening. You didn't mention your adventures with potty training today...I find it tremendous comic relief! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete