Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Got so much done today

Wasn't tired for the longest time last night but that led to me falling asleep on the couch eventually. I went up to bed around 3:00AM, just as Nick was coming down to find me. I don't know if he is getting new teeth or his allergies starting but this boy cannot sleep through the night lately. Nick slept in a little bit this morning. I got dressed and went down to bring Ellie her clothes and make her some breakfast. I switched loads of laundry and then I heard Nick calling that he was awake. Ellie got off to the bus - with her spring coat. I got Nick breakfast and got him dressed and then we were off to preschool.
After I dropped Nick off, I went over to Mom's house. I had some tickle time with Tony before we got ready to go grocery shopping. I was able to get most of things I need for Saturday except produce which I will pick up Friday. We went back to Mom's, I loaded my groceries into my car and helped Mom carry in her bags. I went to pick Nick up from school - he was funny, he had on his t-shirt, his fleece vest, his sweater and then his coat. We came home and I put away groceries and then began my cleaning adventure. I got the living room whipped into shape first. I swept up all the dust bunnies and cleaned all the glass and dusted the wood. I then went to work in the bathroom - there was a ton of hair on the floor and I don't think it was mine.
Nick and I had some lunch and then I went to work in the kitchen while Nick watched some cartoons. I got the counters cleaned off and then wiped down. I got all the groceries put into the cabinets. I swept the floor and vacuumed the floor mats. I then tried to work in the dining room - the table has been the place where all things seem to end up lately. I cleaned the glass in/on the cabinet and vacuumed the floor.
Nick and I walked down to pick up Ellie from the bus - Nick wore his Woody cowboy boots and his cowboy hat - he looked pretty cute. Ellie got off the bus and we went home. Ellie did her homework as I worked some more on putting away stuff from the table. When Rob got home from work he took the kids outside to play - it was gorgeous out today. I actually opened windows in the house to just air it out. With the kids out of my way I was able to clean the back room and bag up some toys for the the rummage sale. I organized the bookshelf and the top of the tv cabinet, dusted vacuumed and checked that room off my list. I finished up the kitchen by cleaning the stove and toaster oven.
I still have about 1/4 of the table to clean off but the 1st floor looks awesome. I took my time alone to try to finish up our taxes - I have to say I absolutely hate when stocks have name changes and I have to got though years of statements to find out what is what. With Rob's help I finally figured it all out - taxes done just need to double check everything before filing. We called the kids in around 6:00PM. They went downstairs to play but we quickly got them into the tub to clean up.
We had re-heat night and then we went downstairs to try to do a 10 minute clean down there. Everything down there is covered in sawdust and needs to have a super duper vacuum job. I think I might have done about 6 loads of laundry today because I got some comforters washed and all the throw rugs washed. We got the kids to bed and then Rob and I sat on the couch and played on our computers. I feel so good at all I accomplished today - love having a clean and organized house - doesn't happen all the time.
I have been able to slowly introduce room temperature food/drink back into my life - so nice to have something to drink besides tea. My hands are doing very good - I was able to clean our toilets today - a task I haven't been able to do since November (Ellie or Rob have done it the past few months). My feet, however, are about as bad as they have been. They are majorly peeling and shedding their skin and the neuropathy tinglies are incredible. Feels like I have my shoes on and they are tied way too tight. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment