Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy Monday

The kids were up way too early this morning - 6:45AM. We had breakfast and just had a slower morning. I got a call back from my friend, Jen, at the hospital. Jen reassured me that Scarlett would self heal - that it would be similar to a balloon popping. Put me so at ease knowing I didn't need to have her repaired. We did end up going to Michaels but chemo brain kicked in and we never ended up looking for what we went there for. We did pick up wooden birdhouses for the kids to paint when we need a project one day.
Ellie joined Rob at school today - they had lunch together and then Rob had arranged for Ellie to sit in on a few art classes. I think she had a fun time. Nick and I went over to Mom's for lunch and to play. We ended up watching Little Women (the Winona Ryder version) and Nick was into it for about the first 45 minutes. Mom and I changed Scarlett and sure enough, Mom couldn't see any additional openings on Scarlett. She is still in her un-happy state and needed to be built up so the breakdown doesn't worsen. Nick and I went home and Rob and Ellie had just gotten home.
Rob and I were able to catch up a bit while the kids played. Ellie did some thinking about a school project that is due this week - they will be creating a life timeline so she needed to think about their major life events. Nick and Rob did some more disassembling of our cabinet in the basement so we can get working on the new one. I got Nick ready for his bath - he got to pick out a new bubble bath to use. Ellie and I went to pottery class.
Ellie's pieces from last week were fired and I have to say I love her patchwork vase - so cute. Ellie worked on a giant cupcake covered bowl tonight and I worked on an over sized tile. We picked up dinner on our way home and everyone must have been hungry because it was pretty quiet while we all ate. Nick was doing blueberry shooters - he would fill his mini bowl with blueberries and just toss them back like a shot. We did vitamins and medicines - Ellie has a cold and Nick has the worst chapped skin under his bottom lip - and then we went up and brushed teeth and washed faces. Both kids were asleep in record time - this is another sign they aren't feeling well.
I made the invitations for Ellie's party - she decided on a cooking party so we will be making pizzas, cupcakes, chocolate dipping some stuff and then the kids can make their own recipe books - it should be fun. Rob went up to bed early and here I sit watching Conan and blogging. Things seem to be a bit better today in the neuropathy department - hands and feet not so bad and my mouth doesn't seem to be so bad either. I did start coating my feet in shea butter and then putting on warm socks and I think the moisture is helping my feet. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment