Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bargain Thursday

I went up to bed around 1AM - slept pretty well. Rob didn't reset the alarm because Ellie didn't have school today - so I woke up a bit before 8AM. Nick was still sleeping, I quietly walked to the bathroom except trying to climb over the gate I wasn't watching and I bumped my knee right into the moulding on the door instead of clearing it - ouch! While I was getting Ellie her clothes and I was getting dressed Nick woke up.
I got Nick's clothes on and then we went down to have breakfast. I got Nick's goodies bags and party hats into his backpack and the popsicles out of the freezer and then we drove Nick to school. He was so excited about celebrating at school today. Ellie and I went to do some retail therapy. We went to Target - forgot to return Gordon! We didn't really find anything good there but then we went to Kohl's. Boy oh boy did we ever have a good 45 minutes at Kohl's. Ellie and I had our arms full of clothes - it is Murphy's law when you don't take a cart you will find tons of things. I got a bunch of new sweaters and shirts - some at 90% off - $1.60 each. Ellie and I looked through girls and found her a very chic Chaps puffy vest and some skinny jeans. Ellie wanted to look through toys - I wasn't so into that but that is where the real bargains came into play. Nick really wants the Misty Island shaky bridge set from Thomas - it is almost $80.00 so I have pretty much said absolutely no. Well, I found it on clearance for $13.99 plus my 15% off coupon. Ellie found a Barbie VW beetle car with a barbie inside for $9.99 -plus coupon. I love shopping at Kohl's - I love seeing how much I saved on the bottom of the receipt. Today, we spent $122.00 and we saving $600.00 - awesome!
Ellie and I stopped at Panera to pick up an after school treat and a cup of coffee and then we picked Nick up from school. All the kids were wearing their hats - they were Thomas conductor paper hats and they looked so cute. Nick said he had a great day at school and everyone was extra nice to him. We went home to unload our car and the kids had a little bit of time to play before we needed to go for Ellie's portfolio conference.
Ellie's conference went well - she shared all her work and then her young authors book. I got to see her timeline and we had fun looking at her classmates time lines - interesting what 5 events the kids chose. Mrs. Bart did let me know that Ellie has vastly improved since chemo has ended for me - she said the old Ellie is back and she is very happy. We stopped at Steak n Shake to pick up lunch before heading to Mom's house. I am so excited - I had a kids size shake and only had to stop drinking it once because it was too cold. We ate lunch and then Ellie went through her portfolio with Mom - very proud kid.
Mom and I changed Scarlett and I knew ahead of time she wasn't such a happy camper and I knew I had some breakdown - so we built her up. I have been pretty liberal on my food choices this past week or so - I had avoided definite no-no foods - nuts, popcorn and such but I have been on the fresh produce train. We all went into the living room to watch some Ponyo spin-off movie. I fell asleep on the couch next to Nick - that kinda day. We headed home after the movie ended and got to work on trip prep.
I took all the laundry upstairs and Ellie carried our suitcases up and I went to work packing for all of us. I thought we would all fit into one bag but that didn't work because of all the bulky sweaters and sweatshirts I had to pack - stinking cold weather. I think I have everything packed except shoes. I got the kiddos into their baths and then into PJs. Rob came home as we were coming downstairs. We had dinner - a bunch of leftovers from the fridge. The kids watched Wipeout while eating their popsicles and then about halfway through we went up to bed. While I was helping Nick brush his teeth I tried to remove what I thought was stuck on food but it wasn't it was a big blood blister - have no idea when that happened.
Ellie brought her portfolio up to show Rob and I got Nick to bed. We came down and watched Thursday night drama - Grays - seriously too predictable. I am feeling pretty good today. Yes, I needed gloves outside and yes, I have taken to wearing closed shoes outside instead of holey crocs. My knee hurts and you can actually see and indentation where I hit the wall - mental note, don't kneel on left knee. Looking forward to getting away. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Who had the blood blister? You or Nick? So excited about your trip! Travel safely....say hi to Julie for us. Enjoy! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete