Saturday, March 12, 2011

Love the spring ...rummage sales

I can't really recall last night - I watched tv until pretty late and went up to bed somewhere around 3:00AM. Rob took Nick down to eat breakfast and I got to sleep in bit. I got dressed and brought clothes down for the kids. Ellie and Rob were off to Lowes to pick up the wood for the cabinet and to do the Saturday build it project - a lever basketball hoop. Nick and I were off to the first rummage sale of the year.
Nick and I scored big time - Bitty baby double stroller, a huge 3-story dollhouse, a bag full of brand new (still in packaging) games and puzzles and another bag full of used games and a spare booster seat for the car. Rob and Ellie pulled in just in time to help us carry stuff in. Ellie's basketball hoop was very nice - and they picked up an extra pair of goggles for Nick.
We pretty much went right to work framing out the new cabinet and putting it together. It took the better portion of the afternoon but we have the bottom half of the cabinet framed in and the middle 'top' piece in. I tried to clean up the main floor but pretty much as far as I got was vacuuming and dusting - every time I thought I had things put away the kids would come in and stuff would be out again.
We cleaned up - we did about a dozen loads of laundry today and we all worked together in building the new cabinet. I took the kids over to Mom and Dad's - they were nice and offered to watch the kiddos so we could go out for a belated anniversary celebration. I came home to shower and get ready, Rob got ready when I was dropping off the kids. We were un-successful at finding anyplace downtown Evanston that didn't have a huge wait so we ended up at Gulliver's.
We had a lovely dinner together sans kids - it was nice to visit without interruption. We went to pick up the kids who were creating with perler beads - Ellie used to love doing those in preschool and this was Nick's first time. After the kids finished their creations we got ready to go home. Ellie went around the house re-setting all the clocks before bed and then we went upstairs. Both kids were asleep pretty quickly - it was a busy, long day.
I am feeling pretty good today - my feet hurt but I think that was because I wore my dansko clogs all day and went up and down the stairs too many times. My fingertips are pretty numb today. I am tired and I am hoping and needing to sleep tonight. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment