Thursday, March 10, 2011

Go away pesky cold

Shorter post tonight, I am so congested and don;t have a very long attention span. I decided to stay on the couch last night because I didn't want to pass along germs to Rob but around 3:00AM Nick came down to get me. I decided to not take my ativan last night and see how things were - I ended up having very short, choppy dreams about not taking my ativan - I guess I will need to ramp down to .5 mg and then eliminate. Nick didn't have a great night - he too, is fighting a cold and between the nasal congestion and cough it made for a long night.
Ellie was up early, I got up when the alarm went off - Nick slept until 8:30AM when I woke him up. Ellie got off to the bus and was off to school - I was able to watch "adult" morning tv for the first time in forever. When Nick woke up I got him changed and made him some waffles and then we were off to school - he was a bit confused at how quick we were moving. I dropped him off at school and then went to get an oil change on the car.
I didn't have an appointment and it took my entire morning to get the oil changed but they vacuumed and washed the car which made it so worth it. I picked Nick up and he was in a fowl mood because Grams wasn't the one picking him up. We went over to Mom's for lunch to play with Tony. Both the boys were in a fowl mood so we stayed for lunch and a bit of play but then came home.
We tried out our new apple tv box in the back room to stream netflix - success. We walked down to get Ellie from the bus and it was freezing outside and the bus was super late - apparently, the regular bus didn't show up and a new one was called in. Came home and Ellie did homework and we all cuddled up to get warm on the couch. I tried to take a nap but that wasn't too successful - it was nice to just have down time.
Rob came home and took Nick down to the workshop to play and then upstairs to play with trains. Ellie and I stayed warm on the couch. Rob gave Nick a bath and I started dinner. Ellie went up for a bath and dinner and the kids were done at about the same time. I took a shower in hopes that the steam would loosen my sinuses up - not really too successful. I called Nick up for bed - took him forever to fall asleep - perhaps because he slept in so late this morning. Ellie and Rob watched Wipeout and then came up to bed.
Crappy tv night - I thought Grays was supposed to be new tonight - wasn't. Hands are feet were both super cold today. Mouth not so bad. I feel a bit achy but I think it is the cold. I wish my nose would stop running. Visualising me healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Hope this cold passes quickly...for all of you! Finally watched the PeeWee segment on Conan...I laughed and laughed. I have to get my Easter dreidel out...maybe we should invite some pirates for Easter. Wish we had HBO to watch his special on the 19th. I may start carrying balloons in my pockets...just to break down stress and tension. Now you understand why I love the guy! We'll talk in the morning. Hope you sleep well tonight. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete