Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sunny Tuesday

Rob did make it back downstairs last night - even gave me a shoulder massage. I watched Dancing with the Stars and then we watched some crappy something on HGTV before deciding to call it a day - premature for me. I watched the clock for an hour before becoming sleepy enough to sleep. I think our house was too warm last night which caused a bunch of twisting and turning and not a great night of sleep. I have been neglectful - my Mom's neighbor Katherine made us a couple dinners that she sent home with us on Sunday and we have been enjoying them - thanks.
Nick and I woke up around 7:45 and went downstairs to join Ellie and Rob. I was re-introduced to my long lost friend, coffee this morning - tasted so good. Nick and Rob walked Ellie to the bus while I made myself breakfast. I was feeling energetic and did a few loads of laundry this morning - all this talk about beg bugs got me going a bit nuts and I washed all our throw pillows today. I took a shower in my own shower with the water burning hot and it felt so good. Agnes (the clinical research nurse for Dr. Muldoon) called me this morning just to check in and verify everything has been staying down and to let me know when I need to schedule my follow up appointment (October 10th). Rob took Nick outside to play this morning and I think they took every toy out to play with.
My BFF, Christi, stopped by with a container full of all sorts of chocolates to quench my craving. We got to visit for a bit before she needed to pick up Su'nana. Rob, Nick and I had lunch together - Nick dictating where we should all sit. After lunch we took a walk - the sunshine felt so good today - a bit hot directly but when the breeze came it was quite nice. We walked a bit further today and down to the park - Nick played nicely with another little boy there. We made our way back home and I was ready for a nap - which I took. I woke up in time for Ellie to come off the bus - it was Run day today so she had a snack and changed before Rob brought her back to school. I was able to schedule an appointment with Patricia on Thursday morning - so looking forward to it.
Nick and Rob went to the school park and played while Ellie was running and then they came home and played with the neighbors. Rob picked up dinner for us - I have been craving Portillos french fries - ironically - I can now have the worst diet in the world and it is actually the best diet for me. I am so missing fresh fruit and veggies - I was salivating cutting up a red pepper for Nick today - one of these days I might just have to give in and see how much I might regret it. We had dinner and a treat from my chocolate box and awaited the huge storm - but it still hasn't even drizzled here - lots of thunder and some lightening.
The kids and I watched an episode of Blue's Clues (about going to preschool) and then Rob took the kids up to bed. I am enjoying a glass of vino and my hot pad on my shoulders. Ok- for those who respect me and think highly of me and never want to ruin that image this is where you should conclude reading for this evening - for those of you who want a mini haha and mini gross out continue.
So, Mom and I changed my ileostomy bag last night - I told you that last night. We were proud of ourselves - everything seemed right - but I had to call Mom about an hour after she went home because I had something to share that we needed to incorporate the next time we changed out the bag - closing it. I went to the washroom and thought it was strange that it seemed to be diminishing right before my eyes only to realize we had never locked it into place and it was draining right before my eyes. Mom and I shared a huge laugh and I am quite sure it will be a good laugh for Jennifer when I talk to her. Good thing was it was kinked before I got the washroom and didn't make a hideous mess. Second haha/gross out - my ileostomy passes gas and I have absolutely no control of it. It is not like normal gas traveling through your body that you can decide to pass or excuse yourself to another room - this just comes out and I know it will be another one of those things I will have to deal with - humiliating though - I guess the redeeming part is that it doesn't have an odor - just a sound.
I was productive today and feel good about that - even able to schedule an appointment for Nick to get his haircut. I am trying to space things out and not do too much - we have a weekend of fun things to do and I want to be able to participate in at least a couple of them. Visualising my healthy body, my continued healthy recovery and the new normal me - whomever that shall be (apparently, for a while it will be passive gas passing), Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment