Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Exhaustion caught up to me today

Rob watched the Bears game last night and stayed awake until they won. I watched Jay and then watched some old Julia Stiles film on encore - went up sometime after midnight. Pretty shortly after I got upstairs I heard footsteps and then felt a tiny hand tapping me - I got Nick back to sleep. I think he was cold because he woke up again around 4:30 and didn't got back to sleep until about an hour later when I finally pulled him into bed with us. The problem with this arrangement is that Nick is a kicker and around 7:00 he began kicking my stomach - even when I turned the other way he was still able to get my side - I eventually asked him if he was ready to go downstairs. I got Ellie's clothes together (plus a change of clothes in case she fell in a mud puddle on the field trip). Rob and Ellie packed their lunches together and Rob walked her to the bus stop.
Rob left a bit after 9:00 to head to school to chaperone Ellie's field trip. They went to Somme woods to remove buckthorne trees which harm oak trees. Rob got the whole experience - riding on the bus with 60 3rd graders, meeting Ellie's classmates (the good and the bad), eating lunch with them - he had a good time. I guess they found several sets of bones (snakes or other small animals), a couple of frogs, some slugs and other bugs. They made leaf print t-shirts and had their picnic lunch.
Nick and I went to Mom's and we went shopping at Big Lots - nothing real great there. We went to Wendy's for lunch and Nick ate everything - guess it was an eating day. We went back to Mom's and I was pooped. I called Rob to make sure he was going to get Ellie off the bus and to Girls on the Run - he said he would - I told him I was taking a nap at Mom's. We went out on the sun porch where the sun was powerful. I quickly fell asleep on the couch and must have slept soundly because I woke up with a completely dry mouth. Nick and I got our stuff together and said bye to Mom and went home. My ileostomy is burning me today - which means that it is probably raw underneath the adhesive again. I received the convex wafers today and we meet with Jen tomorrow - I just hope the solution is quick and relatively painless.
I picked Ellie up from school - I almost didn't recognize her - she is getting so tall and is changing from my little girl. We came home and did some of her homework before she joined Rob and Nick outside to play and I hit the couch. The kids were having so much fun outside - I could here the screams and the games through the house. I did a bit of straightening up - the shoes were spilling into the living room from the closet and started to pose a fall risk - which led to me going through the kitchen cabinets - don't ask. Rob gave Nick a bath while I began dinner - Ellie took a quick shower and then came down and helped with dinner. We ate dinner together - Nick was nuts he was dipping everything on his plate into his apple juice and eating it. We tried something different tonight -Rob took Nick upstairs for bed while Ellie stayed down here for a bit longer - I think it worked out pretty well.
I don't think I have shared my strict diet I have started - it consists mostly of chocolate, cinnamon and wine - it is extremely rich in anti-oxidants. Don't go calling the dietitian - I am eating as much of a balanced diet as I can - it is just tough - chocolate, cinnamon and wine seem to always taste good and make me happy. Visualising my healthy body, my continued healthy recovery and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got the nap in...the sun is so healing! I think I could try to follow your eating regime, although I would probably need the occasional salty-stress fix! Hopefully Jen will fix this moisture problem tomorrow...Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete