Saturday, September 25, 2010

Non stop Fun

Stayed up and watched Oprah - interesting views on education. I slept well - wonderful to have a new pillow. Rob snatched the kids up this morning and I got to sleep in. I called Jo and asked if she wanted to rummage with us - she agreed to a couple. I got the kids dressed and took a shower and Jo and Tony came over just as we were about ready. We hit the boy scout sale - picked up some card games and shrinky dinks - Nick really tried to talk me into this 4' long fire truck - saying he really needed it. We lucked out at the multiples sale - Jo and I both left with a bag of clothing and a couple toys. We headed back home as Jo, T and Ole were headed to Milwaukee for the rest of the day.
We picked up Rob and headed to the kids bank - they were having a back to school picnic. The truck they had was half golf cart half roach coach. They had hot dogs, chips, the most ginormous chocolate chip cookies and juice. We had lunch and went inside to make the kids deposit - they earned their free ice cream scoops today. We then went to Ellie's school for the back to school fun fair - lots of carnival games and jumpers. Nick quickly found his girlfriend and they "jumped" together while Ellie played games and won tickets. In the end we were able to turn in our tickets for 2 balls, a small car, a smaller car and 2 bracelets - just what we needed here.
We came home and dropped Ellie and Rob off - they had daddy daughter plans - mini golf and ice cream. Nick and I tried to visit Mom and Dad but they weren't home so we decided to cruise past a couple yard sales. No big finds - just a plastic golf set for Nick. We came home and watched some cartoons and Rob and Ellie came home just a bit later. I tried my hardest to take a nap but I could not warm up enough - it was a brisk fall day. I finally put socks on and two blankets and tried my hardest to warm up. Rob took the kids over to Aunt Carrie's to try to help her out with a plumbing issue and I guess I warmed up enough to fall asleep sometime after they left. While I slept - they returned home and Mom and Dad swooped by and grand-napped the kids. I woke up around 6:00 and yelled out hi but Rob was the only one who answered. We had the dinner the neighbors sent over yesterday and talked for a bit before heading to Mom and Dad's to pick up the kids. They were just getting dinner when we arrived and we talked while they ate and finished watching some weird Japanese cartoon - by the same people who made Ponyo that they loved.
The kids were getting their second wind when we looked at the clock and decided to go home. Rob worked to get them ready for bed and I have to say work because of that second wind. So, the supplement update - nothing significant noticed beside the tummy noises. I did kind of gag on them tonight - as I said I am not a pill taker and having to take that many - even in a couple gulps is still gross. I surprised myself at how long I was able to keep up my energy - now I know. The bottom of my stoma hurts today - Mom was having sympathy pain for me. A couple more tape strips peeled off - I don't think the scars are going to be bad at all. I have mid back pain again - I am once again blaming the couch. Full day again tomorrow - I don't think I am ready for church yet - maybe next weekend but its Rob's birthday tomorrow and we will celebrate all day. Visualising my healthy body, my continued healthy recovery and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment