Thursday, September 23, 2010

A bit hot but what a day

Rob and I sat up and each played on our laptops last night - I decided to try my old ways and let Rob go up at 10:00 and I stayed on the couch until midnight - ahhh I remember how to fall asleep now. Our dvd player is being temperamental so I put Nurse Jackie into my laptop and watched a couple episodes before bed - highly entertaining. When I went up to bed I was able to sleep much more easily than I have this past week.
Ellie was up with the sun and Rob went downstairs with her - Nick was up around 7:00 but decided he needed some mommy cuddle time - which was awesome and irritating all at once. I really liked that he is making another step to be back to normal but I really wanted that extra sleep time. Nick and I went downstairs and we had breakfast, I got the kids clothes ready and Rob made Ellie her sandwich while I got the rest of her lunch together. Rob and Nick walked Ellie to the bus while I enjoyed my bowl of coffee.
Nick watched a movie while I watched some tv before we left for my appointment with Patricia. I drove - without my butt pillow (since May I have had to have this 4" high density foam pillow to sit upon in the car - my butt no longer hurts) to Park Center - I dropped Nick and Rob off at the park and checked in for my appointment. Patricia came and got me and she went right to business. She asked what was bothering me - I said sleep was still an issue - so she addressed that as well as digestion and specifically worked my chi. Patricia put in some new ear seeds and got to work on my points - I so wish I would've fallen asleep - I tired but I did relax. When she came back at the end she showed me how to massage my stomach - not so much a massage as indirect pressure to aid in healing. She looked at my bruised up arms and quickly rubbed them in with arnica oil - I honestly think it has already started to break up more. It was quite a relaxing time and then I picked up Rob and Nick.
We introduced Rob to Via Gelato - we had a scoop of gelato as a snack to cool off - Nick went against his normal orange flavor and opted for red velvet cake. We headed towards home - we were meeting Christi and Su'nana at the park for a play date. I enjoyed some sunlight vitamin D therapy until the sun got way too intense and I needed to seek the shade. Rob played with the kids so Christi and I could do some more catching up. We spent about an hour at the park before I needed to put my feet up - it was already way more activity than I have had in a day. I took a nap on the couch while Rob took Nick downstairs for some playtime. I slept right through Ellie coming home and heading back out to Run. I woke up and talked to Mom until Rob and the kids came home. I helped Ellie out with homework before the kids disappeared outside to play. We have a scary situation happening around here right now - there have been 3 attempted abductions on children in the past couple weeks - one was just a few blocks away.
Everyone came in for bath time and dinner - we had re-heats from last night with the special request of cinnamon toast. We went downstairs for movie time - the kids started a movie last night and had the second half to finish. Bedtime was quicker than usual - I think the kids were tired. I am sitting on the couch typing and have Gray's Anatomy on in the background - I couldn't watch the season finale last spring - all medical dramas were too close to home for me. My shoulders are bugging me a bit right now - I have the hot pad on them. A couple of my incisions are pulling and Nick kind of pushed on a couple cuddling throughout the day. My stoma feels better today - it doesn't have the same pain as last night. Visualising my healthy body, my continued healthy recovery and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment