Thursday, September 2, 2010

A much better day

A decent nights sleep - ironically. The rain made the morning darker and Nick slept in - I really wished I could have too. We got our rain gear on and headed to the bus stop. Nick and I relaxed on the couch - I needed the hot pad for a bit. Mom came over to pick us up and we went to pick up the supplements I still needed. We were at the Park Center in Glenview and Nick didn't want to leave - he also didn't understand why he couldn't just jump in the pool - it is a very neat pool. I promised we would come back to swim another day and he finally agreed to leave. We picked up Corner Bakery and were on our way back to our house.
I asked Nick this morning what was making so much noise outside (it was the rain) but Nick thought for a moment and said popcorn (inhaled deeply) but it doesn't smell like popcorn. That began my positive outlook on the day. We had lunch together and Nick is just a nutball - always trying to be a clown. Mom has been hot on these Pandora bracelets and necklaces and brought all her beads and charms with her to make my bracelet today. I am not a huge fan on jewelry - the only thing I wear day in and out are my earrings - I can't remember to put anything else on - the earrings haven't been out in years. My bracelet Mom made me has some specials beads to represent different "stages" and things in my life - she even bought a yellowish brownish one when I jokingly weeks ago told her I would only wear one if she could find a rectal cancer bead. I am now the proud owner of a weight lifting bracelet - when all those beads and charms get loaded on there it is heavy but it does look pretty - thanks Mom.
Nick went into meltdown mode after lunch - he really does need more sleep. My faith in my path led to the lucky fortune on the "crazy Mom" not being at the bus stop today. I had played it out in my head what I might say or do if she was there with her "beliefs" again - but luckily I didn't have to deal with the negative forces today.
Rob came home and the humidity rolled into the house with him - we told the kids to invite the neighbor kids inside it was just too gross out with the rain and humidity. After a couple shrill screams Rob and I decided outside probably wasn't so bad. I ran to Target for some essentials and I took the long way home to play my "kids not in the car" mix on my ipod and I turned it up to the "kids not in the car" volume. Sometimes you just need to rock out.
I came home and Rob had Nick in the bath - Ellie was still outside asking for 5 minutes more. Ellie came in and took her bath and we had dinner - have to empty the fridge out - we are headed to Michigan this weekend to close up for the season. I just took my new supplement/vitamin regime - I am so not accustomed to taking pills anymore - in total the evening regime is 16 pills. I think I might try to spread some to the morning but minimally it would be 12 (granted 10 are the homeopathy balls).
I special thank you goes out to the friends and family who verified my feelings yesterday and today. I will try to blog before we leave tomorrow but otherwise I will on Monday when we return. Visualising my healthy body, a speedy recovery, being cancer free and the new normal me - whatever that shall be, Tree

2 comments:

  1. Good! Hope it's a stellar weekend! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pandora at Woodfield- whenever I happen to be there, which is rarely- is generally empty. As far as Nick's sleep, Melissa and I just bought Olivia an alarm clock and told her she can't come out of her room until the first number is a 7, 8, or 9. Been going about a week and it's all good! Can he nap in the afternoon to catch up? Have a good time in MI.
    -Phil

    ReplyDelete