Friday, September 24, 2010

Another adventurous day

Rob stayed up for a bit with me last night to watch the last episode of Nurse Jackie - he magically got the dvd to play. I stayed up for another hour or so - this seems to be what I need to sleep better (less overall time in bed and asleep but higher quality sleep). Somehow, sometime over the course of the night Nick ended up next to me in bed and Rob was on the floor - Nick slept sideways with his head on my shoulder. Ellie woke up first - way too early and Rob next, Nick woke up for a little bit but I was able to convince him to close his eyes some more. I got up shortly before Ellie needed to leave for the bus but Nick slept in until 8:30. Rob got Ellie off to the bus and I enjoyed some coffee. We had big plans for the day.
We began at a local rummage sale where I usually leave with bags full of goodies - one bag today but that is okay. We then went to get Nick's haircut - he was such a good boy and listened to Ms. Yvonne when she told him to looks this way or hold still - he looks so handsome. We then headed to Kohl's - Rob and I really needed new pillows and they were on sale today. I was able to pick up a couple fall tops of clearance (I could probably wear my regular tops but I am bit self conscious about the ileostomy bag - it sticks out a bit and I feel right sided pregnant) so I got a couple of the wider tunic tops. We stopped at Trader Joe's and picked up some groceries - Nick was so happy that they had a mini cart - he likes to shop.
We had lunch when we got home and then Rob and Nick went downstairs to play with some of the new rummage finds and give me a chance to take a nap. Our neighbors dropped off dinner while I napped - thanks. Nick and Rob walked down to pick Ellie up from the bus stop and they went outside to play. Rob and I got to visit with our neighbor, Angie, while the kids played out front. I ended up coming in with Nick - while the kids almost always play nice together - Nick is 5 years younger and sometimes needs to play alone. We watched some tv and had a snack - later he helped me make brownies - chocolate is still the food of choice. We were all hungry so I popped a frozen pizza in and cut up some fruit. Rob started a bath for the kids and they got their pj's on. FYI - the cheap 4 cheese frozen pizza from Trader Joe's is really quite good - Ellie insists its the best pizza she ever had.
We decided to go downstairs and see what we could stream from netflix for a mini movie night - we found a couple episodes of Charlie Brown. We enjoyed our hot brownies and milk while watching the video. Rob is getting the kids settled in bed and I am blogging. Aches and pains today are getting a bit better - one of my blisters flaked off - it was the itchiest one. One of the tape sections also peeled off but the stitches are pointy and hard - hopefully a couple showers and they will be gone. My mid-back hurts today - I blame our couch. I started my complete homeopathy regime today - I wanted to give my stomach time to become "normal" before introducing it. I am now taking arnica and staphysagria (3 times a day), a mushroom extract, turmeric extract, vitamin c and vitamin d - I will let you all know tomorrow about the new regime - I took them after dinner and my tummy is making some noise right now. Oh, I also re-started the probiotic today. I took the time and sorted all the pills in a sorter - I knew I would forget something if it wasn't pre-divided. I will also let you know when this all drives me nuts - I am so not a pill taker. Another busy day tomorrow so I am going to go and relax with my glass of wine - hope everyone enjoys this first weekend of fall. Visualising my healthy body, my continued healthy recovery and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment