Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I'm healing - I can feel the pull

Rob and I stayed up to watch Parenthood last night - I highly recommend it to any parent (kids age doesn't matter). I thought I was tired - I was slightly wrong - another toss and tumble night in bed - I just cannot get comfortable. We were all awake early - so early, in fact, that I took my inaugural car ride to the bakery for some chocolate. Nick drove with me to pick out his breakfast - a sprinkle donut and we loaded up on a box of chocolately goodness. When we got home Rob said Dr. Muldoon's office had tried to call (it was only 7:30AM)m - just needed to push my appointment time back a bit. We all enjoyed our bakery goods and Rob made Ellie her lunch while I got clothing ready. Rob and Nick walked Ellie to the bus while I laid on the couch.
Christi was coming over for coffee this morning - so Rob and Nick had a boy morning - going to Home Depot and several parks. Christi came over and we caught up on girl time - I have really missed our time together. Rob and Nick came home just as Christi was leaving - I got to hear all about the parks and how they ran into Uncle Bill and the GG's. We had our lunch together and then Nick and Rob went outside for some more playing. I took a nap and was real into it - I woke up and had the string of spit attached from my mouth to the pillow. Unfortunately, I wasn't really ready to be up but the FedEx man rang the doorbell and that was it.
Today I can feel all sorts of tugs and pulling on my stomach - a sure sign of healing but it hurts. My blisters have dried out and are starting to itch. The tape is still attached to each of the incisions - a couple more showers and that will hopefully fall off. My ileostomy stoma kind of hurt today, too. I can't explain it other than it felt like it had a sharp edge stabbing into me.
Rob, Nick and I took our daily walk around the block - I think I can increase a bit more tomorrow - it didn't completely send me to the couch today. Rob and Nick got Ellie off the bus and I helped her out with her homework. Ellie had an apple for snack and I took one of the pieces (probably 1/8 of an apple without the skin) - I think it worked out fine. The kids went out to play with the neighbors and I watched some tv - its a difficult life I lead right now. My friend, Kelly, called to check in - great to talk to her and catch up.
Mom came over for family dinner and brought dinner makings - a delicious chicken stir fry with some buttered noodles and homemade applesauce - cantaloupe (I didn't risk it). Dinner was enjoyed by all of us - everyone had a clean plate - the kids tried the molten brownies Mom brought with for dessert. Rob started a bath for our very dirty kids and I asked Mom to check on my ileostomy to see if something looked wrong. We decided to change it out - it didn't feel so great. It is irritated and bleeding a little bit, a bit swollen. Thanks Mom for your help - can't do it without you. Mom left to head home - even though Dad isn't home she insist on watching Criminal Minds tonight - alone. Rob got the kids to sleep and I took up on the couch with the computer and a glass of wine.
I have an early appointment with Patricia tomorrow and I am hoping she can locate some points for the things bothering me. Visualising my healthy body, my continued healthy recovery and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Glad that Patricia is on your list for today...these treatments really do make a big difference for you. Thanks for giving me a place to share dinner tonight....good laughs, as always. Hopefully your tummy will feel better today. love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete