Monday, September 27, 2010

Laid back Mon day

Rob and I watched our good ole Sunday night dramas - Desperate and Brothers and Sisters but I was disappointed by both and I'll probably give them another week but I think it might be time to move on. I surprised myself - for not having a nap I thought I would be up with Rob at 10 - but I stayed up until 11:45. Another good night of sleep - woohoo for sleep being pain free. Ellie was up early, then Rob - Nick slept in a bit with me. I got Ellie's clothes for her and Rob was walking her out to the bus.
Nick and Rob went on an adventure today - a couple parks and a visit with Aunt Pam. I got a call back from Jen who thinks that it is probably a leak related problem - the area under my stoma is "valley" like and is lower compared to the top - so she was going to the the company to overnight me some convex wafers and I will meet with her Wednesday and she will help change me out. Jen didn't seem too concerned - which both put me at ease and worried me - isn't red, painful skin something to be alarmed about? I also got an email back from Dr. Muldoon - I forget if I mentioned it last night but one of my incisions sites is bulging and slightly painful - in his email he said that was fine and to contact him if is became red or oozed - once again slightly annoyed he wasn't more interested.
Mom came over and we watched a bit of morning tv before heading out for a shopping adventure. We went to Bath & Body - picked up a couple new room diffusers - all mine seem to have stopped working. The new eucalyptus mint is very nice - Rob even commented that he wouldn't mind hanging out in the bathroom now. The fall smells were sort of gross. We also did grocery shopping while we were out. Somehow produce shopping isn't the same anymore - I was totally not inspired to get any produce but my family lives on it - Nick survives on it. We came home and had lunch together. We watched food tv and cuddled up on the couch - keeping each other warm.
Rob and Nick came home just in time to get Ellie off the bus. Ellie came in and started her homework and Nick went a little nuts - not sure if he is getting sick or he just needs more sleep but he was moody. Mom left and the kids went out to play with the neighbors. Rob's birthday iPod came today and our computer refused to even open it without downloading the newest versions of itunes and quicktime - took forever. Rob kept coming down to check the status and then he'd go back outside to check the kid status.
Finally, the updates came through and I loaded his iPod up. I started dinner - Ellie has been asking for my alfredo sauce for months - I finally made good on my promise and made it tonight. Rob gave the kids their bath and got their pj's on. We had a nice dinner together - Ellie made individually whipped cream topped strawberries for dessert. The kiddos had their vitamins and medicines and made their way upstairs for reading time and bed. I am watching Dancing - I don't like this season yet - I guess I might just be under-whelmed by tv in general.
I spent the day walking with my had lightly putting pressure on my stoma - it dull s the actual pain and I can stand straight up then. My shoulder blade pain is still there - I traded pillows on the couch - we will see if that makes a difference. Rob is chaperoning Ellie's field trip tomorrow - I am excited for the both of them - it just completes his list of things to do while at home trying to be me. Visualising my healthy body, my continued healthy recovery and the new normal me - whomever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment