Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Doctor Tuesday

I stayed up watching bad tv again - and when I finally went to bed I couldn't get comfortable. We were all up early - usual morning activity around here. We got Ellie to the bus and then headed over to Mom's. I thought an art project or two might be fun with the boys - I packed dot markers and finger paints. We did our projects outside and the boys were predictable in their approaches - Nick heavy handed and Tony particular about their dots and both went completely nuts with the finger paints - all in all the projects came out well though. I got the hose out and we washed up as much as we could.
We made lunch and put in Willy Wonka for the afternoon movie. I left for my doctor visits and got many hugs and kisses goodbye. My first appointment was with Dr. Mendoza Temple - talk about an entirely different setting. I was offered tea when I was brought in for my vitals. My weight is holding steady and my blood pressure was 90/60. I was introduced to Dr. Mendoza Temple and we promptly got into my issues. She is a lovely lady but I guess I was thinking I was getting something more than a shopping list or supplements and herbs/minerals from the visit. She addressed what i should begin today and then what I should begin after I can eat normally again. I should start arnica montana, staphysagria, vitamin C, Vitamin D and proboulardi tomorrow and then add mushroom extract and tumeric post surgery. I understand that each of these have properties that can assist in a certain aspect - I am just not 100% convinced they are going to help me get through this any swifter or speedier.
I then saw Patricia for another session of acupuncture - this has quickly become something I look forward to. Patricia inserted new ear seeds - I was told they are actually mustard seeds today and there is no significance to the seed itself it is simply its shape and size. In addition to all the spots she treated last week she added a spot behind my ears - for sleep. I honestly could have fallen asleep on the table today - I kept yawning and was so in another place it was quite nice.
I stopped at the Wellness Shop to kind of check out prices for the supplements and then I decided to comparison shop at Whole Foods and pick up some dinner. I got to tell you - I am not so impressed with the Northbrook store at dinner time - a serious lack of samples. The guy in the "medicine" section did assist me with my shopping - the one probiotic is only available through a pharmacy or doctor office - I picked up the arnica and the staphysagria. I had my dinner and then was on my way to the last appointment of the day - Dr. Lay for my pre-op physical.
I kid you not my appointment start to finish with the doctor was 4.5 minutes. He looked at my eyes, my tonsils, tapped my stomach and back, pushed in on my sides and listened to me breathe - that is it! I went to the lab and had my nose swabbed for staph presence and I will have all my blood work done tomorrow at Kellogg. Rob kept sending me pictures of the kids - some priceless. I am so thrilled we have neighbors who have children and they all get along - regardless of age or sex.
I got home just a couple minutes before Rob and the kids did - he took them out to dinner. I started baths and got them ready for bed. I had mentioned to Rob that the shower drain has been slow and he found the culprit and took care of it - about a 12" snake of my hair - I guess I did have hair thinning from the chemo I just have so much hair it wasn't noticeable.
Another medical day tomorrow - I am hoping to keep the positive though wave going. New mantra: visualising my healthy body, a speedy recovery, being cancer free and a new normal me - whatever that shall be, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment