Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wednesday at the pier

Nick was a fuss bucket last night (and tonight). Rob asks time details - what time did you come up last night? what time did Nick come in? I don't know anymore - looking at the clock is something I don't want to have to do right now and I don't care anymore. Ellie was up at 7:30AM on the mark but Nick and I slept in until almost 8:30AM. We had big plans for the day - we were headed down to Navy Pier. I even found our two remaining passes to the funhouse. We got dressed, applied sunscreen and were on our way to pick up Mom and Dad.
We got there and Ellie and Dad did the funhouse while Mom, Nick and I waited. We started off at the Childrens Museum - always a fun time. I love that it is never crowded and never has the "element" that Kohl's does. The kids enjoyed all the usual and loved showing Grams and Gramps all their favorite exhibits. We took a lunch break and found a mexican restaurant had opened in the crystal garden. We had a great lunch, good food a nice breeze off the lake and the kids were good. We went back to the museum to do the craft studio and gift shop. Ellie, Mom and I got to make whatever we wanted from clay while Dad and Nick played with the sand table and blocks. Nick eventually came over and wanted to play with clay and made his first clay masterpiece - Ellie made a rose.
We said goodbye to the museum and picked up some Garrett's Chicago mix popcorn and left the pier. We drove home via old landmarks - the neighborhood Mom grew up in - the building Mom and Dad first lived in when they were married and when I was a baby. We decided to get ice cream from our favorite Chocolate Shoppe but Nick had passed out in his seat. We went back to Mom and Dad's and said our goodbyes (Mom and Dad are going to get away for a long weekend). When we got home the breeze outside felt so nice we decided to take a walk to the park. A couple of Ellie's friends from school were there and they let Nick join in as they played tag. We came home and had dinner and the kids had a bath. Ellie went to bed quickly, however, Nick took that afternoon nap and it took forever for him to go to sleep.
I have noticed in the past few days that both of my upper arms hurt - I don't think I did anything to them but they feel like I did. It started with the inside of my arm about where they inserted my IV for my scan but now it is about 4 inches up and wraps all the way around my arms. I received a message from the ostomy nurse offering me an appointment a week before my surgery - so much for her getting me used to the idea of the ileostomy. Hearing this I think it is time to maybe be pro-active on the medication department and look into an anti-depressant. I know most take a couple weeks to build up in your system and if I start one soon then I should be a step ahead after surgery because I am pretty sure I am going to be in a dark spot for at least a bit. My all over butt throbbies have turned into very direct pain - in precisely the places the former radiation "X" marks were - it feels like they are bruised. This evening started some abdominal cramping - my oh my I haven't missed those.
Have nothing in the schedule for tomorrow - maybe a park or some other adventure - we shall see. Visualising my healthy body, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment