Sunday, August 22, 2010

Weekend wrap up

Just a short entry to say we had a good weekend in Michigan. No bat sightings - a huge plus on the anxiety front. It rained until mid-afternoon Saturday so we road-tripped to Kalamazoo for the morning. The mall there has a 2 tiered carousel and the kids love to ride it. We did have a good Goodwill day - scoring a couple barbies (for some reason we've been able to hold off barbie until now - I really thought we might have just been able to move away from that collection but I guess not) and a GI Joe doll for Nick.
We tried the orchard on the way back to the cottage but they were still picking peaches and hadn't opened the apple orchard yet. We stopped at the farmers market instead and picked up the last of the red haven peaches, apples and fresh veggies for a dinner salad. We got back to the cottage and went down to the beach and spent a couple hours there. It was a perfect afternoon - the waves weren't too big and there were not too many people there. We had a nice dinner and took a walk down to soda bar for ice cream.
Ellie has been asking all summer if we could go out for breakfast in Michigan - so we did this morning. We did a quick run into Walmart to pick up a couple things before coming back. While in Walmart my side splitting cramps began and were in full force by the time we got home. I curled up on the couch with a hot pad and some advil eventually drifting into sleep. Rob took the kids out to do a recycling run and found the "find" of the weekend - a play guitar in the garbage - the kids had a ball with this plastic 1980's looking guitar with no batteries. I was told later that they took lawn chairs out and gave Nana and Rob a performance while I was asleep. Rob, Ellie and Nana went to the beach while Nick and I stayed and did some cleaning.
We had another great ride home without too much traffic. We went to Mom and Dad's for dinner and to catch up with them and Jo and Tony. Nick turned a new leaf today and was a little gentlemen - I like it, no, I love it.
For some reason - I am blaming it on not proactively doing anything right now - but I feel like my butt is back to the height of radiation pain. If Nick sits too close and hits my side the wrong way I am in true pain. The pain is in exactly the points I was radiated - fortunately, it only hurts while I am sitting or laying on them. Ellie starts school tomorrow and I am both happy and sad about this. While she is ready to be back at school - I kind of feel cheated out of some summer time with her. Visualising my healthy body, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Just because school is starting early doesn't mean that summer is over...there are still lots of great opportunities to explore...it's still summer 'till Labor Day! Sorry your body was complaining so much this weekend...is Advil helping at all? Heating pad? We'll talk tomorrow! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete