Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What, A chest CT scan too?

Rob and I had our usual night - tv, some conversation about hings in our lives and bed. Nick woke us early despite the dark sky and rain showers and Ellie followed not too far behind. We had breakfast and packed out Mr. Potato heads to play with at Mom's. We headed over to Mom's and the spud heads were a hit until sharing came into play. Mom found the Johnny Depp version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory so we put that in and the kids watched that for movie time today.
Mom picked up ramen noodle cups to duplicate the noodle lunch from the Ponyo movie - it was magical but more so on the movie - none of the kids really enjoyed their ramen noodles (I guess it becomes an acquired taste during college). I ended up taking the kids for ice cream after lunch while Mom got Tony down for his nap. We went to the Chocolate Shoppe (the kids fav) and they had the new scenery up - Dinosaurs. We sat outside and enjoyed our treats - Nick had ice cream rolling down his hands to his elbows. We stopped by some thrift stores before heading back to Mom's. The finds today - an original Polly Pocket locket, a police coat with handcuffs dress up & American Girl party wands. We went back to Mom's but Tony was still sleeping so Ellie and Nick played in the playroom with trains and the castle. We ended up leaving early beacuse today was the library reading day at the pool and it was the perfect day to enjoy the pool. Ellie got to go to the pool a couple times a week at camp but the rest of us haven't been this summer.
We started off in the kids section and Nick quickly discovered he could walk on his arms all the way around the pool. He eventually got comfortable enough to do the water slides with Ellie - so fun to watch them together. We moved to the big pool and Nick really showed no fear of water depth and just kept going further - we need to get him into swim lessons. The kids went to the splash pad while the lifeguard had their swim break and then we finished our adventure back at the kids section. We picked up dinner on our way home and got home and got the kids into their PJs. Nick and Ellie were picnicking and watching Wipeout and I came in to see if they were finished with dinner and noticed Nick was passed out on the couch. Poor boy was worn out and tired. After Wipeout Rob took Ellie up to bed not without her wanting to stay up for America's Got Talent.
I had left a message for Margaret to verify that I only needed a pelvic and abdominal CT scan tomorrow but she had left me message tonight saying that Dr. Marsh wants a chest scan also - boo! I re-read the directions for the prep again and I really think it is going to be the worst thing I have ever drank because it suggests it should take me between 30-60 minutes to drink the 20 ounces. I guess it is good to be thorough, however, in light of all the radiation news out there right now I just want to be able to limit the amount of crap going into/through my body - seriously haven't I been radiated enough? My feet are starting to slow in the peeling department - just my heels really look like they haven't peeled yet. Visualising my health (tumor free) body, Tree

1 comment:

  1. I am so visualizing a clean, unremarkable scan! I know how hard you've worked! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete