Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wednesday

New trend - Rob goes up to bed and I stay up a couple hours later because I can't relax enough to sleep. Nick finally didn't awaken during the night with a nightmare - just jinxed tonight probably. We woke up and ate breakfast and the kids played with some of their toys. Mom had some things that needed to be done today - so we joined her on her adventure to keep her company.
We tried a different Salvation Army today for their back to school sale and hit pay dirt. We left with 2 garbage bags and 2 regular sized bags filled for about $20.00. We found Ellie an American Girl fall weight coat and loaded Nick up with 4T clothing - what a bargain. We went back to Mom's for lunch and for the kids to have some play time. Mom and I were able to put our feet up and take a short nap before we needed to leave.
Ellie and I had a Mom and Daughter date night - we went to see Ramona and Beezus - Ellie made it about 2/3 of the way through before the tears were rolling. It was a very cute movie and I noticed as we walked out the entire audience was Mom's and their daughters. While Ellie and I were out Rob and Nick had their own date night and had dinner together.
I've noticed recently that my home is in a time warp - obvious reasons but somethings have not moved in 2-3 months. We were chosen as a household for a University of Iowa (partnered with UIC) research study and it is an in home interview tomorrow - needless to say we came home and cleaned up a bit. I have mentioned before that I have made a correlation between my cancer and being pregnant. It began with radiation and chemo - I felt queasy like i did while pregnant and things that tasted good one day were terrible the next. I can honestly say I feel like I am nesting right now - getting the house prepared for days that I won't feel up to it. I am also taking full advantage of not having dietary restrictions - the worst will be no raw fruit or veggies for 6-8 months. I realized today why my cuticles are peeling the way they are - it is because my fingers are not longer swollen and the skin needs to puff back down again - my fingerprints magically reappeared over night, too. Visualising my healthy body, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment