Monday, August 30, 2010

Playdate Monday

I stayed up watching bad cable until my eyes were burning last night but it yielded a good nights sleep. Nick was up first this morning and he nicely woke Ellie up. We had breakfast and I got the kids dressed, made lunch and snack and did some laundry before walking Ellie to the bus. I went to put away laundry and realized I hadn't been through Nick's dresser in a while (nesting) and took apart his dresser and bins and weeded out all the things that were too small for him. It is sad to see some of my favorite things in the donation pile but everything in his drawers fit him now. We went to Mom's for a little while to play with Tony but we had a play date with Nick's girlfriend, Su'nana today.
We got home and I started making lunch and not too much later Christi and Su'nana arrived. We have really missed out play dates and we were both pretty excited to have one today. The kids played real well together - even did some art downstairs and Christi and I actually got to talk. They stayed until bus time and we walked out to get Ellie - she was holding a piece of paper in front of me saying, "can I, can I, can I please?" It was a form to enroll her for Girls on the Run - a program for 3rd - 8th grade girls that works of positive self image and esteem as well as friendships and well, running. I had my concerns but after a quick email exchange all my concerns were worked out. Ms. Doolas (the social worker at the school) puts me at so much ease - the way she told me about Ellie's face in the classroom today was what I picture Ralphie's face like in Christmas Story when he is thinking about the Red Ryder BB gun.
Since I don't have too much else to share today I wanted to quickly address acupuncture - it doesn't hurt anymore than when a mosquito bites you. Patricia told me 12 acupuncture needles are the same size as 1 typical medical needle. I took my ear seeds out today - well they sort of fell out after my shampoo. Those, initially, felt very similar to when its freezing outside and your ears get throbby but that wore off in a few hours. I have to say I am calm - I was able to hold a discussion about my surgery (and even the stupid bag) without tearing up and full fledged crying today - a huge step. This is my page long appointment week - tomorrow I see Dr. Mendoz Temple, Patricia and Dr. Lay and then Wednesday I meet with Agnes (the research assistant) and Jennifer (the ostomy nurse) and I get all my pre-op blood work done. Visualising my healthy body, Tree

1 comment:

  1. You are one busy lady! Glad the program for Ellie has potential...who will be her running partner? Will they run through winter? Here's to new ear buds and needles tomorrow! love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete