Thursday, August 26, 2010

Great Thursday

The only problem with the double dose of ativan is that my normal body clock is off - I am usually up before 7:00AM and the last two mornings I am the last one up and am rushing to get everything done before Ellie needs to be out the door. Nick and I walked Ellie to the bus and waited with her until the bus came and then we walked back home. Nick played nicely and I was able to make a couple calls - one to return the researchers message and one to the Integrative Medicine office - left messages for both. Nick and I went over to Mom's and then kept her company when she got her haircut - it was actually an info gathering meeting. I have my own hair I was going to donate when I got it cut but I think the next chemo will be the hair loss chemo and I want to get my own hair turned into a wig but Mom's hair gal really had no info for me.
We went back to Mom's and did a bit of organizing and outdoor work before Nick and I traveled home to get Ellie. I had messages from both of my messages to return - love phone tag. I first talked to Agnes, the research lady and explained my only "concern" which is where is this colon-ring going to come out. She assured me it would come out even if it is by mechanical means 30 days after surgery and then in a hushed tone kind of in a mumble maybe by sedation if necessary - meeting with her in person next week. My next call was to Carol, Dr. Mendoza Temple's receptionist. Dr. Mendoza Temple is who I have been referred to for some possible anxiety relief before surgery. Unfortunately, her 1st opening is the day before my surgery but Carol was going to find out if one of the people next week would re-schedule so I could be seen. In the meanwhile I am meeting with Patricia tomorrow to go over breathing exercises and guided imagery and discuss acupuncture and other alternative treatments. I have never done acupuncture but if it channels my anxiety and fear then I am all for it - God knows I will have larger needles going through me soon enough.
Rob came home and took the kids out to play but the kids soon found the neighbor kids out and Rob was chopped liver. I talked my sister, Jo, into going for a manicure and pedicure tomorrow night at a new nail salon - hopefully it will include a nice hand and foot massage. We had dinner and took a walk with the kids - I love this weather and how we can actually be outside again. Oh, I forgot to write it yesterday - but I finally found the paperwork I have been searching for in a spot I would have never looked - but the upside is the house is pretty clean from me looking. Visualising my healthy body, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment