Sunday, August 8, 2010

Cleaning and Baking Day

Rob went up early and I started watching our new netflix - didn't make it all the way through though. Everyone slept well and Nick was up way too early but I had some baking to do and we came downstairs together. I got Nick some breakfast and I started cleaning peaches for peach-blueberry pound cakes. I realized as I was washing the peaches that 1) we had more peaches than I thought and 2) some were really in need of being eaten. Rob and Ellie came down a little while later and Ellie (aka Sandra Lee wanna be) asked if she could help. I put Ellie in charge of the mixer while I peeled and chopped up the peaches. Ellie measured our ingredients out and mixed them all together in the mixer - I felt like we were having a Lucille Ball moment with the flour - she had the mixer too high and flour went everywhere.
Ellie and Rob went to church while Nick and I stayed home to finish baking. The bundt came out beautifully - our second batch didn't brown up the same way but was still quite tasty. When Rob and Ellie got home from church we ended up cleaning the basement - totally un-intentional. It all started with asking Rob to go through his work shirts and led to a full out cleaning and dusting. It was amazing what we ended up getting rid of - both garbage and donations stuff. The basement looks marvelous and big - we put all the games on our bookshelves to make them more accessible and organized all the bins - exhausting.
We gave the kids a bath and got ready for family Sunday at Mom and Dad's. We headed over a bit early to help out and the kids quickly were outside playing. I helped Mom in the kitchen while Rob helped Dad outside. We had a terrific summer spread of food - tomato-mozzarella -pesto sandwiches and napa cabbage salad - yum. We had our pound cake and ice cream for dessert. We got to visit with Grandma and Grandpa GG and Uncle Bill while the kids played in the water table. It was quite funny - Nick didn't want to get wet - he just wanted to have his hands in the water. Ellie wanted to be saturated and Tony wanted to water his feet.
We cleaned up and moved inside when the mosquitoes and humidity started getting bad. Nick asked to watch the Gnome Mobile - we promised 30 minutes before we had to get going. It was Uncle Bill, Dad and Rob's initial viewing of the movie. We came home and got the kids ready for bed and cleaned up a bit. Rob and I are waiting to watch Food Network Star and we are both so stuffed from lunch.
I think I might try gym shoes tomorrow - my feet are all throbby again today. Consult with surgeon tomorrow - thinking of all my questions - a bit nervous. Visualising my healthy body, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment