Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Surgery scheduled

I couldn't settle down enough to go to sleep when Rob went up so I finished watching Life in Ruins (ok movie) and then watched a bit of Craig Ferguson before attempting to go to sleep - still took another hour or so in bed. Nick keeps waking in the middle of the night with some sort of nightmares - not real sure what this is all about. We all slept in until 8:00AM and took our time getting ready this morning. I fished Dr. Muldoon's secretary's card from my purse and made the phone call I really didn't want to make - my surgery is scheduled for Friday, September 10th. I came to this week for a couple reasons but most importantly - Ellie will be back in school and back into a "normal" routine. I attempted to schedule an appointment with Jennifer, the ostomy nurse for North Shore, but she is out of town until next Friday - this is okay for me - another week to not seriously think about the dreaded ileostomy.
We got dressed and headed to Mom's where the kids played with trains and legos before Nick and Tony were both after the exact same thing and the same time. We took a lunch break and though food might make everyone kinder but that didn't happen. We packed up and decided to do some other things while Tony took his nap. The kids and I went to Salvation Army for some back to school shopping (fyi - all kids clothing is .47/piece this week). I ended up with a winter coat and a couple pairs of pants for Nick and Ellie picked out a fall coat. On our way home Nick fell asleep and stayed asleep through transferring from the car to his bed. Ellie and I took the quiet time to have a snack and just relax. Nick slept for over 2 hours - meaning we knew it wouldn't be an early night for him. When Rob came home we discussed going to see a movie and decided with Nick's late nap t was the perfect thing to do. When Nick woke up we packed some sweets and headed off to see Despicable Me (cute but not as funny as Toy Story 3). It was exactly what we all needed to shrug off some stress - movie, popcorn and candy.
We got home and Ellie went to bed smoothly, as predicted, Nick took until almost 10:00PM to finally zonk. Amazingly, I am feeling very well except for the alarming amount of anxiety running through my head. Visualising my healthy body, Tree

1 comment:

  1. What will the surgery entail? Perhaps you have posted this and I missed it...

    -Phil

    ReplyDelete