Thursday, August 12, 2010

Relaxing Thursday

I stayed up and watched crappy tv last night until I felt tired enough to try to sleep. We were all up early and went down and got breakfast. I finished cleaning up the dining room and we all got dressed. The researchers arrived and the kids were wonderful and played in the basement mostly while I answered their survey questions. Ellie did come up once to ask for an ibuprofen - she had a headache starting. Luckily, the study only took about an hour and I was paid and they were on their way because shortly after they left Ellie's headache was full force.
We got a garbage can ready and I set her up in her room - it has been suggested that a darker room might help and Ellie said it did. I also found a aromatherapy headache rub and rubbed her neck and shoulders in and she also said that made her feel better. It took about an hour but when Ellie got up from her bed I heard the dreaded vomit start. Ironically, today was an asthma action day on Mediclim.com not a migraine day. We hung around here until lunchtime and until Ellie said she was feeling better and then we went to Mom's.
We ate lunch and then Nick asked to watch Racing Stripes, again. I feel asleep during the movie and Nick did too. Rob came over after he was through working and Ellie and Mom cleaned off the bed in the playroom. Rob took Ellie home to pack for her overnight - she is spending the night at Mom and Dad's to watch the meteor shower. Nick and I drove home and picked them up before heading back to Mom and Dad's for family dinner. Dad brought Chicken Inn chicken and potatoes home - Mom and the kids made a fruit salad - Nick ate about half the mango before it made its way into the salad. We had dinner and watched Ellie's favorite Thursday night edition of Wipeout. Rob, Nick and I came home and I gave Nick a bath and got him ready for bed. Since Nick had an afternoon nap it was a later bedtime for him but not too late.
Rob and I watched Royal Pain on USA tonight - never watched it before but it was interesting. We are headed to Michigan for the weekend - its National Blueberry Festival this weekend. Its one of our favorite weekends to be up there - sidewalk sales and a parade. I will post again on Sunday, visualising my healthy body, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment