Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mid-week Update

The past couple days have been wonderful - except the humidity. Ellie has been busy during the mornings at clubhouse - making friendship bracelets, dodge ball tournament, bunco tournament & crafts. She is looking forward to the clue hunt tonight. I have been able to finish 2 books (sorry, Phil, they are nothing deep - my friend, Linda, mailed me some of her "quick" reads - Emily Griffith). I am onto my Jodi Piccoult book now. We have had a couple wonderful days at the beach - cloud cover has been a blessing - today is total sun though.
Nick has had a total transformation from his fear of the lake last year - he is diving into the waves as they come to shore and running out after Ellie. His favorite has been getting piggy back rides from Rob out in the lake. Ellie loves her boogie board and is constantly in the water with her friends.
We've got to catch up on movies this week - Hot Tub Time Machine (very funny), Blind Side (good but long), When In Rome (chick flick) and Tooth Fairy (kids enjoyed). I haven't been taking naps - just down time for n hour or two and putting my feet up - I think the need for extra sleep might be wearing off. My feet look terrible and are starting to be painful again - keep applying lotion and trying to keep them covered.My hands, thankfully, haven't taken the same path as my feet and are peeling the same way emlers glue would peel of your skin. Right under my tips look as though I have been in water for days.
Ellie and I went out for some birthday goods yesterday (Edwin's B-day) and she asked me some frank questions - Do I feel better or worse than I did in March? Am I worried? Am I scared? All I could do was cry - especially when she said are you crying, Mom? Then she informed me chemo is the worst thing in her entire life - I thought - me too.
We are on our way back to the beach - will definitely need the umbrellas today - I am still not sure about sun exposure and don't want to end up looking like a character from a Jim Carrey comedy. Tomorrow I am meeting up with my girlfriend, Julie for lunch. It is ironic - she lives in Kentucky, I live in Illinois and we both vacation only about 40 miles from each other in Michigan. Rob, Dean and Edwin took the kids mini golfing this afternoon - they golfed the holes out of order and Nick was not at all happy when his ball went into hole 18 and wasn't returned - but the pictures were pretty cute.
Can't believe we still have 5 more days up here - hoping the storm tomorrow brings some humidity relief -or the air conditioners will have to be permanently on. Visualising my healthy body, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment