Tuesday, July 27, 2010

This heat is exhausting

Rob was falling asleep watching tv last night so I sent him up to bed and I stayed up to watch the news. It was an awesome sleep night at our house - Nick slept until 7:30AM and Ellie until 8:30AM. Nick and I came down for breakfast and to watch morning cartoons and Ellie joined us when she awoke. We got stuff together to take to Mom's and grabbed some PB&Js for our picnic. We brought our huge rubbermaid of legos to Mom's today and that entertained Ellie, Nick and Tony for over an hour - there were enough legos for everyone. Mom and I made and packed our picnic lunch - a little something for everyone.
We drove to the forest preserve and un-packed our picnic - the kids had their special chairs which lined them up perfectly for the bench to be their table. Even though it was hot outside we found a shaded picnic table and it wasn't all bad. Ellie started to complain about a headache - I went and got her some ibuprofen and eventually got her a plastic bag. Tony started running around the table and then Nick joined him and their circle around the table eventually got bigger and bigger until it wasn't a circle any longer and they were just running around. Tony pulled a Forrest Gump and just started running away and then he'd glance to make sure we were still watching and then he'd run some more - I got up and ran after him and picked him up like a football and ran him back. We packed up because Ellie really wasn't feeling well and drove back to Mom's.
I checked Mediclim.com when we got home but there are no warnings for migraine headaches so we will just have to track Ellie's symptoms - she did need the plastic bag by the time we got home - poor girl. We watched a DVD that Mom and I have only been able to listen to for last last 2 months - the kids watch it in the back of the car but we can only hear the soundtrack - ended up being quite like we envisioned. I really thought Nick was going to shut his eyes and take a nap but he just cuddled - Tony did take a nap and Ellie did some crafts. Jo came and picked sleeping Tony up and we packed up our stuff too. I told Mom we might need to cut the English movies out for a while because Nick has become afflicted with some English terms - Mom, I need to go up and brush me teeth.
We came home and dropped off our stuff and picked up our library books and headed to the library for our final book check in for the summer reading program. The kids received their certificates, a t-shirt and a packet of coupons for some special treats. Nick immediately took off his t-shirt and put on his library t-shirt - No, he could not wear it over his t-shirt he felt the need to strip right in the middle of the children's department. We picked up some dinner and headed home.
We had a lovely dinner together - both Nick and Ellie spilled their drinks but lovely nonetheless. Ellie was thrilled that Wipeout was on - she didn't even care it was a rerun. Rob just asked that I tell everyone he says Hi. We are watching America's Got Talent - guilty pleasure. Still the same old hands and feet symptoms today but today I am also sleepy - I closed my eyes a couple times at Mom's today - not sure if it is the heat or just being tired. I am also pretty sure something happened to my butt while I was undergoing radiation - I have a bone there that I never really knew existed but now kills me on a regular basis. Visualising my healthy body, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment