Tuesday, July 6, 2010

First phase - COMPLETE

After a long weekend it was nice to be back to "normal" today. Nick woke up early but Ellie slept in a bit. We had breakfast - which was a bit of a challenge because our fridge seemed to lack everything except condiments. We got Ellie off to camp - tonight was camp round up - this year was the Wild West themed. Nick and I got to Mom's and we headed off to the hospital - the last day of radiation boost - woohoo.
I checked in and waited in the waiting room until they brought me back - and then I waited in the second waiting room for a bit. The only magazine available was a cancer magazine - I paged through and found an interesting little article about a website called i2y.com - I'm too young for this Stupid Cancer. It is a website devoted to cancer patients 18-39 years of age - interesting facts and links through here. I went in for the final treatment - and I centered myself - they didn't have to move me a centimeter - I got it down finally. I thought we might have some momentous removal of the magic marker and stickers but no such luck - just well wishes and hopes that we don't see each other professionally again. I called Mom and she picked me up. We went grocery shopping to correct the fridge situation.
We went back to Mom's for lunch and I took a nap while Mom played with Nick. Nick and I headed off to pick Ellie up from camp and then we came home. Nick fell asleep on the way to get Ellie and stayed asleep through a few transfers. Rob, Ellie and Nick had appointments with our dentist this evening. Nick woke up just as we got there and was a bit unsure about his first dental visit. We came home and got ready for camp round up - Ellie dressed in her western wear. Mom picked us up and we got there early enough to grab a spot under a shady tree. The storm held off just long enough for round up to finish - Ellie did a wonderful job as spokes lady for her group and dancing her routine. Mom dropped us back at home and we went out for celebratory ice cream for dinner.
Ellie went to bed quickly but Nick had that afternoon nap and he was a hold off. I feel great about being finished with phase one - I think I am going to start taking bets on when my butt will stop hurting when a door slams into it - I am thinking it will probably be timed with when I hear an anesthesiologist say now count back from 5. My feet are slightly better today and my hands about the same. I am really looking forward to these next couple weeks off to re-coup and re-group. I have an appointment with Dr. Marsh on Thursday but that is all for the week - hopefully for the month. Visualizing my healthy body, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo is right! I'm so relieved that you have finished the hard job of prepping for phase 2. Day by day this weekend I watched little sparks of your personality come back to you...today was a really laid back day for you. I know you're still tired and hurting, but I can see you're feeling stronger! I love you and look forward to changing our routine to "the morning FUN club"...a welcome name and attitude adjustment! Mom

    ReplyDelete