Sunday, July 18, 2010

Weekend Catchup

The ride up on Friday was average - about 3 hours. Ellie watched the clock the whole time trying to decide if we would make it up in time for her to go to clubhouse for movie night. We got here at 6:45PM and Ellie quickly got her money together and I walked her over to the clubhouse. Toy Story (not that we haven't seen that about a dozen times in the last month) but Ellie was so exited for her first movie night of the season. I signed her in an walked home - Rob got dinner bbq'd while I was taking care of Ellie and we were perfectly timed to eat when I arrived home. We had a nice dinner with Rob's Mom. I walked over to pick up Ellie around 9:00PM (that is when movie night is officially over) - she was gleaming and was excited that her girlfriends were also at movie night. We walked home together and Ellie took on all the mosquitoes.
Saturday we all got up at our normal times and ate breakfast - we had a bit of communication breakdown and thought Rob's brother, Edwin, was coming in sooner than we originally planned but we were wrong. Rob, Nana, Ellie and Nick went to the beach for a couple hours while I took my nap. When I woke up they were home, fed and clean. We decided to cruise up to Grand Rapids a bit early to visit the children's museum and do some shopping. The museum had a Curious George exhibit - the kids really enjoyed it. We finally ended up getting Ellie the boogie board she has been wanting. We just kind of window shopped the shopping center and then hit Costco for some drinks for the week and Target for some essentials. We got to the airport and were surprised how far they let us get to the gate - the kids got to see Uncle Edwin's plan land. We got Edwin and headed for dinner - he hadn't eaten and we were all hungry. I was sure Nick and/or Ellie would fall asleep o the car ride home but nope - they both watched Polar Express right until we pulled up to the cottage. We let the kids stay up and visit with Uncle Edwin but we did finally put them to bed.
We all slept in this morning and Rob heard a storm was going to be coming through so we decided to hit the beach early. This was my first beach trip of the season - thankfully, it was overcast and not too sunny or hot. We stayed for a couple hours until Nick and I were ready to go back. We all cleaned up and got dressed and had some lunch. Ellie and I took a ride to pick up some stuff for dinner and just have some girl time. Biggest issues right now - my feet are peeling more than string cheese - I am no longer intrigued - it is jut gross now. My fingers appear to be a day or two behind so I'm sure they be looking lovely soon. It has been a nice 48 hours - can't wait to finish my book and start another. If anyone is trying to reach me - my celphone seems to die instantly up here - email me instead. I will try to write later in the week - we are still on dial up here so everything is super slow. Visualising my healthy body, Tree

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the feet...maybe the hands won't be as bad...maybe they'll just stay hennalike until they fade?! Glad things seem to be moving along smoothly...keep on resting and eating! Love ya....miss you all! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What book are you reading? What's next? I just finished 'That Old Cape Magic' by Richard Russo- fantastic! (Per usual for Russo). I'm onto 'While I Was Gone' by Miller. Kinda female-centered but it's still good, not great. I am actually going to read the first 'Twilight' so I can find out what all the hub-bub is about. I wrote about the movie, but books are usually better. Be well.- Phil

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trick I've learned in Linden Hills is to turn off my phone once I hit the park entrance. Otherwise the phone searches for a network non-stop and uses up the power.
    Nice to see you briefly yesterday.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete