Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July

I had a relaxing night last night - Ellie was dropped off around 9 PM and I put her to bed and then I put in our new Netflix - Everyone's Fine - got about half way through before Rob came home. No sleeping in this morning - we were all up by 7:30AM. We had breakfast and a lazy Sunday morning reading the paper and watching cartoons. We got dressed in our red, white and blue and ready for the Skokie parade. Rob took a ride earlier this morning to put our chairs out in our shady spot. UB stopped by on his way back to Wisconsin and dropped by a train signal light for our backyard.
Mom and Dad beat us there but the parade began very soon after we arrived. It was a wonderful parade - a great mix of marching bands, local businesses and politicians. Nick got up to dance for about the first 3 marching bands but quickly exhausted himself. The kids ended up with a bagful of candy, Frisbees, flags and coupons. After the parade we came back home for some cool off time - it is super humid and hot here today.
I painted my fingernails - I thought it would make my knuckles less noticeable - I don't think it really did. My feet are killing me today - back to the broken glass feeling. We are watching the newer version of Parent Trap and we are about to head to Mom and Dad's for a re-heat dinner. Hopefully the rain will stay away and we will be able to go the fireworks later this evening. I can't believe we still have tomorrow to play - this long weekend has been so nice. Hope everyone is enjoying time with family and friends - it makes the weekend so much better, visualizing my healthy body, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment