Friday, July 2, 2010

WooHoo only 1 more treatment

Rob and I watched some tv and relaxed last night - he went up early and I went up after the news. Took forever for me to relax enough to go to sleep. We were all up around the same time - we had some breakfast, did some laundry and got Ellie ready for camp. It was pool day and a mighty fine day for it. We dropped Ellie off at camp and were on our way to Mom's.
We got ready to go to the hospital - snacks, videos and all. They were running behind so although it was a quick treatment it still took too long. The technicians all joked about being all most finished - that I might miss them having 3 days to myself and they wanted to know what the celebration plans were. I called Mom when I finished and she picked me up. We stopped by Old Orchard so Jo could run a couple errands and then were on our way back to Mom's. Uncle Bry is spending the weekend at Mom and Dad's - haven't seen him since Easter. UB arrived just before lunch - we all ate together before the boys had some outside time. Nick and Tony were so funny in the water table today - they were both right out of a Wisconsin Dells commercial - pouring water over their heads and giggling. Jo and Tony left early, Nick "helped" UB and Dad set up a train signal in the yard. We eventually made our way inside to cool off. My red palms spread to the tops today - not red so much as the knuckles being an entirely different color than the rest. Its not so much neuropathy in my hands anymore - its more inflammation pain.
Rob stopped by for a quick visit and then went home to pick up a couple things. Dad and UB picked up Ellie from camp and then picked up Rob. It's Dad's birthday - so we were having a little party. Rob took Nick and Ellie outside to play and Dad, Mom, UB and I put in the new Sherlock Holmes. I got to see about half before the kids came in - I also got to put my feet up for that time. Ellie helped Mom get some appetizers together and we ordered pizza for dinner. Ellie and I ran out and picked up an ice cream cake.
About a week ago I told Mom it looked like my fingerprints were disappearing and sure enough when I googled xeloda hands this afternoon (I wanted to see how bad my hands could really get) there was a news article about how xeloda can erase fingerprints - basically because of the hand syndrome the skin can repeatedly peel - thus erasing the fingerprint. I think this might also explain why I have little feeling in my fingertips - expect my thumbs.
We had a nice dinner together and then a good dessert. We took our stinky kids home for a bath - both of them turned their bathwater black. Bedtime was easy because both of them were pooped. We have a busy weekend ahead of us - brunch and dinner plans tomorrow and the 4th on Sunday. I hope everyone has a safe, happy and healthy weekend, visualizing my healthy body, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment