Monday, July 26, 2010

Back to the regular groove

Last night we went to Mom and Dad's for Sunday dinner. It was great to see Mom, Dad, Jo and Tony again. I really thought I gained some weight on vacation turns out I lost weight - I ate my fair share of ice cream, too. We had a wonderful dinner - pasta, fruit, broccoli slaw, salad and brownies - yum! I gave Jo and Tony a ride home while the kids played outside with Dad. We all went out for a couple minutes before we realized we were being eaten by all the 'squitos. Rob and I got the kids to bed and were able to make it through Next Food Network Star and another food program before Nick was awake and confused about being in his own bed. He got back to sleep and Rob and I joined him - why do vacations not leave you calm but evoke the need for sleep?
Nick was up around 7:00 AM and Ellie slept until 7:30AM. While trying to get breakfast I realized we really had nothing but rotting food and condiments in our fridge. We relaxed around here and then got ready to go to Mom's. We stopped by the bakery to pick-up some sugar - I mean sprinkle donuts and danish. I figure if ice cream isn't working maybe chocolate chip danish might help with packing on the pounds. We got to Mom's and the kids ate their bakery treats and played. We ended up on the porch with play-doh and Mom organized the play kitchen and the boys un-organized it. I got to read my magazines that came last week and Ellie ripped out some kids crafts from a couple, Mom and I decided to try a recipe from one for lunch.
We went in for a weird lunch - Ellie wanted a cucumber sandwich, Nick wanted a cream cheese bagel and I wanted a grilled cheese. The watermelon/yogurt/sprinkle recipe Ellie ripped out was not a success with any of the kids, however, the watermelon/feta salad was tasty. We put in our afternoon movie, Ponyo - we started watching it before vacation but we never finished - cure kids movie. After Ponyo Tony wanted Finding Nemo - so we watched that also - Nick and Tony cuddled but no naps and Ellie did some crafts. Jo came home and picked up Tony and Mom joined us for some grocery shopping. I don't think I've been in a grocery store that long in a while. Mom drove us to drop off the groceries and Rob was home and put them away and started dinner. We drove back to Mom's and picked up our car and were on our way home. I finished up getting dinner ready while Rob took the kids outside to play and try to catch butterflies. We had dinner and I gave the kids a bath and it was bedtime.
Today my feet are still not happy campers - more areas are becoming pink and irritated. My hands are about the same and I am contemplating that they might never be the same again. Visualising my healthy body, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment