Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wacky craft Wednesday

Rob and I stayed up and watched the news before heading up to bed. I knew I cursed myself by publicly touting my awesome night because last night was anything but. It took forever for me to fall asleep - I remember looking at the clock at 11:00PM and then 11:30PM and then around midnight Nick woke up and was thirsty - I gave him some water and he went back to bed until around 4:00AM when he walked into our room and wanted to snuggle - which I did until I was dripping wet with his body heat - I put him back to bed around 4:30AM and then we was up again at 7:15AM. Rob had a meeting today so he was home to eat breakfast with us before he had to leave. Nick was funny he asked for a waffle with sausages on top and a yogurt on the side.
In Michigan this coming weekend is the clubhouse carnival - the kids who have participated in clubhouse during the summer get to be in charge of various carnival games - bozo buckets, cake walk, lollipop tree and such and on one of the mornings this week all the kids will make tie-dye t-shirts and Ellie won't be there until the carnival so I promised we would do tie-dye this week. We started off the morning with a trip to the craft store to pick up white t-shirts and ended up with a couple other craft project for the summer too. A quick trip to Target for a couple more white t-shirts (we couldn't get all the sizes we needed at the craft store). We got to Mom's and decided to do the tie-dye first. I had a couple different kits - my usual liquid one and one with strings that had a dry dye on them. We did both kits and they both came out beautifully different.
We cleaned up tie-dye and all of us - Nick had green dye all over his body. The kids moved on to stamping - Mom rolled out some paper and the kids took out the rubber stamps and ink pads and went nuts - Nick, once again, required major clean-up - he decided to ink the soles of his feet and stamp up his leg. Mom went and got her haircut while I got lunch for the kids (Mom started some hard boiled eggs for Ellie). Nick had a smuckers PB&J and acted like it was his first PB&J ever - Mom there is peanut butter in here and jelly. Mom came home with a new look and it looked wonderful. While watching tv Ellie saw a commercial for Moon Dough - a type of never drying play-doh and decided we should make moon dough. Mom and Ellie looked up a recipe online and we had all the ingredients so Mom and Ellie made their version of moon dough. The batch was cut into two and Nick got his dyed orange and Ellie teal - this entertained for a long time. Eventually they started taking our orders for food and making the dough into our orders. We finally cleaned mess dough up (Dad's name for play-doh) and headed back home.
Rob got home about the same time we did and took the kids outside to play and I got to enjoy some catch-up phone time with my sister-in-law, Lonna. The kids quickly found our neighbors and were delighted to have playmates. I washed out the tie-dye and like always like some more than others but they all look nice. I went to pick up dinner while Rob gave the kids a bath. We had dinner and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was on tv - so we had entertainment. I took a bath and I searched the linen closet for some sort of foot exfoliating creme and instead found a Bath and Body Works peppermint cooling lotion - I wish I found this a couple weeks ago but it still feels great. I have realized tonight that just like my fingerprints disappeared my footprints are also disappearing and being replaced by really pink/red sub skin. We got the kids to bed and are now watching some tv. Everything else is the same ole stuff - visualising my healthy body, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Look at the energy you have! What a day...like you said "same ole stuff"...isn't that wonderful! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete