Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday Fun Day

I got the kids to bed last night and watched horrible tv - a little bit of this and a little bit of that - I finally went up after the news. Both Nick and Ellie woke up at 6:00 AM and neither were going back to bed - apparently children don't understand the weekend summer rule. We had breakfast and watched cartoons. On the agenda today was a trip to Arlington Heights to see Miss Lori and her readers are leaders show - needless to say none of us knew Miss Lori had a 90 minute show - in the heat. The kids found a spot under the tent and Mom, Jo and I found a tent in back to provide us some shade. Overall, all that was important was that the kids had fun - which they did. Just a word of knowledge to any parents who want to take their kids to see Miss Lori - aim for the food van instead of the reading van or come late to the reading van (gift bags are given at the very end). We did some grocery shopping before coming home.
The kids and I hung out for a couple hours at home. The kids re-enacted the Miss Lori show for a while (and I am sure for days to come). We eventually made our way to Mom's for dinner - El Famous. We ate dinner and then headed home because Rob was back from Michigan. While taking their bath the kids told him all about their weekend adventures and Rob told us about his. We got the kids to bed and now its quiet time. My burned, peeling butt is sore today - just like a sunburn its at the skin shedding stage. Nick looked at my naked butt today and sort of flipped out - he told me my checks (x-marks) were gone so I must be better - no more doctors - I wish. The tiredness continues - more so than when I was actually receiving treatment. The abdominal cramps come and go - seem more prevalent in the morning. Looking forward to the first week without camp - hoping to have some goof times with the kids. Visualising my healthy body, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment