Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What a great Tuesday

Rob and I watched cruddy tv until I noticed he was dozing and I suggested he go to bed. I watched some more cooking tv and the news and then went up. Another early morning - 6:00AM must be the new wake up time (that is what we get for getting them to bed at 7:30 PM). The kids actually went down and got their breakfast and I slept in a bit longer. I did some laundry this morning and put away a couple loads. We decided to hit the library for reading club check in - only one more visit until we are finished. We went to look for bargains at a couple stores but none were to be had today. We came home around lunchtime and Mom joined us here today.
Every summer Ellie puts together a list of parks she wants to go to - so after lunch we tried to go to the first on her list but the park district landscapers were there and the sun was dead on the playground so we opted for a park we've been to but had fun at. Ellie was trying so hard to get around these three spinning spheres - she has blisters all over her hands. The kids had a bunch of fun and that is what the goal is. We stayed about an hour before it was just too hot to stay longer. Mom dropped us at home and we headed to the basement for craft time. Amazing what a mess can be created by craft sticks elmers glue and pompoms. I grabbed Nick and tried to get him to take a little nap this afternoon but no such luck. Rob came home and told the kids he would take them outside - I tried to sneak in a nap but with the next door kids convention screaming and Rob mowing the lawn I couldn't zone out enough. I brought out popsicles and we all enjoyed a cool treat.
We decided to hit one of the kid's favorites for dinner - CiCi's pizza buffet. Nick ate equal parts pasta and dessert. He even took the half brownie Ellie left on our way out. We came home and had a bath because both of the kids had summer kid funk and elmers glue all over. Rob got Ellie to sleep and I got Nick to sleep. Hopefully they sleep in a bit tomorrow because they went to bed a bit later. I started today off with advil instead of waiting for the pain to come and just have kept up with alternating advil and tylenol - seems to have worked. My feet didn't hurt until I just put pressure on the side - but they are constantly peeling of layers now. My fingers are the worst - they are swollen despite my advil/tylenol regime and the sensitivity on the tips is becoming very limiting. Our neighbor did suggest I could pull off the perfect crime without fingerprints - bank robbery is what she mentioned. Visualising my healthy body, Tree

1 comment:

  1. It was areally nice day...I enjoyed both the kids and you at the park...here's to more nice days! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete