Monday, July 12, 2010

CRAMPS

Rob and I watched Next Food Network Star and Kid in a Candy Store before deciding it was time to go to bed. Nick slept in until 6:15 AM today - Ellie waited until 7:00 AM to come in. We had breakfast and I did some laundry and we got ready for the first day of Ellie and Nick Morning Fun Club at Mom's. Unfortunately, I woke up with killer cramps - took a couple advil and my muscle spasm pill but nothing improved them - every 3 minutes for 30 seconds - I feel like I am pregnant again and measuring contractions.
We got to Mom's and I curled up on her bed - I noticed when I am laying down the cramps don't seem to be as bad as when I am standing. The kids got the big bucket of legos out and played well together. I moved to the couch - still curled up and semi-miserable. After legos the kids decided play-doh was the next activity - so we moved to the porch - where even though the thermometer said it was only 75 degrees it was sticky. I made my way to the couch and we listened to the radio while Mom and Ellie worked on Ellie's new shirt. I finally decided to try some tylenol and that is what finally kicked the cramps - I guess I will just need to go between the two - or I could go see my ob/gyn but I'd rather put that off until after surgery. Ellie helped me bring out some food for lunch and Ellie and Nick made their own ham roll ups. Mom finished sewing Ellie's shirt and it was time to head in for some air conditioning.
We put in Gnome Mobile (Ellie missed out on the first screening because she was in camp). Mom made the kids some movie popcorn and they got their places on the floor and the movie commenced. Mom and I put our feet up while we all watched the movie. We did a popcorn clean up after the movie and then came home - it was Ellie's last night of pottery for the summer. We packed up some popsicles for the last day party and were on our way to pick up Ellie's friends. Nick and I dropped the gang off and came home and Rob got home not too far after us. We tried to play outside for a bit - Nick wanted to play with his new gliders - but the mosquitoes and nats were too prevalent. I came in and started a good summer dinner - chicken salad, leftover pasta salad, watermelon & strawberries. Ellie got home from pottery and we all had dinner together. I decided to take a bath to soak my feet - which are now starting to peel away - kind of gross and kind of interesting all at the same time. My fingerprints seem to be further evaporating into thin air - its a quite weird sensation - I cannot turn pages of books, magazines or newspapers and everything feels smooth. My hands are still very discolored and neuropathy comes and goes.
Ellie and Nick decided to join me in my bath - interesting - I got out very soon after Nick jumped in. Rob and I got the kids to bed and now we are enjoying the sound of the cicadas and locust - they are real loud, but a sound of summer. I just snuck some more watermelon from the fridge and I have to say I am not sure there are many food things better than ice cold watermelon. Visualising my healthy body, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment