Saturday, July 10, 2010

A full Saturday

I watched Fired Green Tomatoes last night and then went to bed - it was on late though. Ellie was the first up today and joined me in bed because nobody was next to me. Nick woke up a little while later and we went downstairs for breakfast. Ellie went with Dad this morning for Fishing Frenzy at Lovelace - she caught a few catfish. Jo and Tony picked Nick and me up and we started at Toys R Us for the Thomas event - which was disappointing - but we did a bit of clearance shopping. We decided to head to Northbrook for the Miss Lori PBS event - stopping at a garage sale along the way. It ended up being a sidewalk sale in tandem with the PBS van - I got some good deals on tie-dye for Ellie and then we really got good stuff from the PBS van. Walking toward the van Nick said, "That's Miss Lori's van." Miss Lori was there signing autographs as well as a bunch of organic food vendors. We were able to enjoy a frozen mango snack before moving on. Nick jumped in the jumpy jump while Jo and Tony pulled the car around to get up.
We went to pick up Ole and then we all met at Mom and Dad's for lunch. I was amazed how much both Ellie and Nick ate - must be an eating day for both of them. We put in Mary Poppins but it seemed to excite more than calm today. Mom and Ellie looked over the fabric they have accumulated for projects - Dad took Tony and Nick downstairs to play with trains. I fell into my deep sleep on the couch - again! I woke up for a moment to say goodbye to Jo, Ole and Tony but slept right through the end of Mary Poppins and the beginning on Shaggy Dog. Dad drove us home after the movie finished.
By some sort of a miracle, Disney channel has on High School Musical 3 tonight - entertains both Ellie and Nick. I made some popcorn and cut up some fruit and we are all just chilling out and occasionally Ellie or Nick break into dance (or song). I gave Nick a bath because he got really dirty today and we all got our pjs on. Looking forward to another low key night - it has been nice. Tomorrow we are going to try to see the reading version of the PBS van - hope its as much fun. Visualising my healthy body, Tree

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're getting these good, sound, healing naps in! So glad life is pretty low key right now! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete