Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fun and busy day

Rob and I watched Miami Medical - sadly the last one, it was cancelled. I didn't take my ativan until almost 10 PM which pushed back bedtime. Rob and the kids were up early and let me sleep in - woohoo. We had brunch plans with our good friends (and the kids Godparents) Eric and Pam - so I didn't even need to make breakfast this morning. We got dressed - I got to wear the pretty, hand-painted dress Mom and Dad brought me back from Spain 11 years ago (its been hanging in the back of my closest since I got it and over the years I have tried it on but it never fit).
We arrived at Eric and Pam's and were treated to the most delectable breakfast. We had a great visit - Ellie and Nick entertained us by jumping off the porch and just generally bopping around. It was a very nice morning - no appointments to be at and no where to be but sitting on a porch visiting. We eventually had to part ways and go home but we had such a good time.
We came home and I put my feet up and tried to take a nap. Ellie decided to clean her room - on her own. Nick started playing with me, cuddled for a bit but then he went up to his room to play with his trains. We had a couple down-time hours before it was time to go to Mom and Dad's for dinner. We were celebrating family Sunday today because UB was in town. It was nice to visit with Uncle Bill and Grandma and Grandpa GG. As usual, Mom put out quite the spread - some of my favs - orzo, black bean & avocado salad. We had a wonderful dinner outside under the gazebo - even though the sun was shining bright, it wasn't bad in the shade. Nick and Tony attempted to play catch together - it worked well while they were receiving constant cues - Tony throw the ball to Nick, Nick throw the ball to Tony - then just when you think they've figured it out - mayhem. Mom made a blueberry cobbler for dessert and I whipped up some fresh whipped cream - ummm, delicious summer treat. The kids ran out of "proper" fun and moved onto ice cubes from the cooler. Very entertaining - Nick loaded a train car with ice, Ellie was attempting to juggle ice, Tony was delighted with the ice going down his back.
Ellie really wanted to spend some more time with UB - so Mom and Dad agreed to bring her home later. Nick, Rob and I headed home - Nick most definitely needed a bath. Rob has a bunch of friends in town from grammar and high school - so he snuck out to have dinner with them. I am relishing the whole couch to myself and the peace and quiet. It has been a long day but such a great day. Looking forward to another great day tomorrow - enjoy everyone. Visualizing my healthy (almost radiation treatment free) body, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment